More peace of mind, more choices for Georgia Power residential customers
HomeServe to offer service plans to Georgia Power customers!
- At Georgia Power, we value our customers. We take our responsibility as your electrical service provider seriously, and are committed to providing you safe and affordable electricity.
- We want to make you aware that HomeServe—a provider of home repair programs nationwide—is offering optional protection plans to Georgia Power residential customers.
- HomeServe serves 4 million customers across the U.S. and Canada directly and through 550 leading municipal and utility partners. HomeServe has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Service plans from HomeServe provide customers with access to a Repair Hotline that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, as well as local, licensed, and insured technicians that will come to their home for covered repairs.
- Many homeowners aren’t aware that certain exterior electrical lines and equipment that are necessary to provide power to their residence are their responsibility. If an everyday breakdown occurs, it would be up to the homeowner to find an electrician and pay the repair costs.
- Like they do in hundreds of other communities, HomeServe will be offering eligible Georgia Power residential customers plans that help protect them from the cost and inconvenience associated with home repairs—at competitive pricing. HomeServe uses local and insured contractors to make necessary repairs at no cost to the homeowner up to the benefit amount for repairs covered under the protection plan. These plans are completely optional.
- Exterior Electrical Line Coverage: Covers, up to the applicable benefit amount, repair or replacement of major components of an overhead or underground exterior electrical line, for which you have sole responsibility, from Georgia Power Company's responsibility to the external wall of your home, if the component has failed or is creating a hazardous condition
- Interior Electrical Line Coverage: Covers, up to the applicable benefit amount, repair or replacement of the failing high voltage electrical line within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, from and including the breaker panel or fuse box, up to and including switches and outlets.
- Surge Coverage: A surge coverage plan will protect you, up to the benefit amount annually, if your valuable electrical appliances fail as a result of an electrical surge. Covered appliances include air conditioning units, clothes washer and dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers, and electric ranges.
- Exterior Water Service Line Coverage: Helps protect homeowners from the cost, up to the applicable benefit amount, of repairing or replacing a leaking, low pressure or permanently blocked exterior water service line from the property boundary or external wall of the well casing to the external wall of the home.
- Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage: Help get protection from time-consuming and expensive repair costs with Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage, which covers all types of pipe material regardless of how old it is.
- Interior Pluming and Drainage Coverage: Helps protect homeowners from the cost, up to the applicable benefit amount, of repairs to your interior plumbing and exterior sewer/septic lines.
- Water Heater Repair and Replacement: Helps protect homeowners from the cost, up to the applicable benefit amount, to repair or replace a tank-based electric, natural gas or propane water heater that is damaged due to normal wear and tear.
- Gas Coverage: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace parts of your gas line, for which you have sole responsibility.
What is my responsibility as a homeowner?
Products they will be offering include:
What is Happening Next and When?
Please watch your mail for additional information in the coming weeks. For more information you can call HomeServe at 1-833-805-6756.
Coverage plans for damage caused from normal wear and tear (not accident or negligence) are subject to eligibility requirements, exclusions, waiting period, coverage limitations and full terms and conditions. See more information in your mail piece or online at www.XXXXXXXXX.com