This California Notice of Collection is a notice to California residents and is provided under
California law. This Notice provides certain information about how HomeServe USA Corp. and
its controlled affiliates (“HomeServe”) handle your personal data, the reasons we do so, and the
rights you have as a California resident regarding your information. This Notice supplements the
We may collect or receive, and may have collected or received within the past 12 months, the
categories of personal data for the purposes listed below. Not all categories of personal data will
be collected or received from every individual.
- Through Our Websites and Communications with Us.
We collect and store the following personal data when You submit it through Our Websites, and by email and telephone, such as when You enroll in a plan/policy offered by Us. We use this personal data for business and commercial purposes (including to comply with legal obligations and for auditing, security and anti-fraud purposes) and as described more specifically below:
- Personal Identifiers. We receive personal identifiers (which include, for example, Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, utility account number, policy/account numbers, and other similar identifiers) and use them to respond to and complete Your requests, fulfill Your orders for products and services (e.g., scheduling and dispatching contractors/technicians to provide You with Our services), to fulfill contracts with You, and to communicate with You for informational purposes (including to send You confirmations, technical notices, updates, invoices, surveys, and security alerts) and marketing purposes (including to send You news, promotions, special offers, information, or to offer You other products and services that may be of interest to You ). We may communicate with You about sweepstakes or contests, or to process and deliver sweepstakes or contest entries, correspondence, and prizes. We also create internal identification and reference codes to identify You in Our systems.
- Communications and Submissions. We collect the information and content You submit through enrollment forms, email and telephone communications, and Our Websites (including, for example, web chat communications, product and service reviews, social media interactions, contest and sweepstakes entry submissions, and service requests). We use this type of information to provide You the products or services ordered, fulfill contracts with You, to respond to and fulfill Your requests, establish and manage Our customer relations and customer service, and to provide and improve Our Websites and Our products and services.
- Financial Information. We receive financial information (such as, payment card and bank account information, utility account number, and other billing information) to process payments for the products and services You purchase from Us.
- Commercial Information. We collect and generate commercial information and transactional information (such as, records of Your residential status, and records of products and services purchased and received by You). We use this type of information to respond to and fulfill orders, improve Our product and service offerings, communicate with You and with Our Partners, tailor Our marketing efforts, and for internal reporting purposes.
- Inferences from the information listed above. We will use the information listed above to draw inferences about Your preferences to help Us provide You with personalized content and marketing offers and help Us develop and provide better products and services.
- Audio and Visual Information. We may receive digital photos You submit to Us. We use these photos to establish and manage Our customer relations and customer service, and may include photos in Our marketing materials with Your consent. We record customer service telephone calls for quality purposes, to meet Our legal obligations and to enforce Our rights.
- Signatures. We may collect Your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents You electronically or physically sign and provide to Us. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of Our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, or validate Your identity.
- Privacy Choices We receive and retain information on any opt outs or other choices related to how We collect, use, and disclose personal data.
- From Contractors and Technicians. We may receive Your commercial information, communications and content, and job photographs and activity descriptions from contractors and technicians when they provide products and services to You. We use this information to provide and improve Our products and services (including by monitoring and reporting the performance of contractors and technicians), to respond to and fulfill orders, and to perform customer service.
- From Our Partners. We work with Partners to offer products and services, and We may receive Your personal identifiers and commercial information from them so that We can send You offers of Our products and services, enroll You in a service, respond to Your claims, provide You with Our products and services, and for other business and commercial purposes.
- From Providers of Credit Services. We may receive personal identifiers and commercial information (such as, credit information) and other personal data listed above from credit service providers. We use this information to send offers of Our products and services, provide and improve Our products and services, and to respond to and fulfill orders.
- From Others. We may receive personal identifiers and professional and education information from data providers to help Us contact You to offer Our products and services that We think may interest You.
- Automatic Collection through the Websites. We and Our third-party marketing partners, such as advertising networks, social media platforms and analytics providers, may automatically collect categories of personal data using cookies and similar technology when You use the Websites and receive Our emails. We use this information to provide and improve Our products and services, tailor Your experience on the Websites and Our marketing efforts, and create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity. These additional categories of automatically collected data may include:
- Online identifiers. We may collect Your IP address and other device and online identifiers when You use Our Websites.
- Geolocation Information. We may use Your IP addresses to estimate an approximate location of the device You are using to access Our Websites to enhance and personalize the features and functionality of Our Websites and product and service offerings.
- Website activity information. We may monitor and collect website activity information and device information, such as website clicks, content and page views, the website each visitor visited prior to Our Websites, domain type, browser version, and internet service provider.
- Inferences from the information listed above. We may use the information listed above to draw inferences about Your preferences to help Us provide You with personalized content and offers and help Us develop and provide better products and services.
- Anonymous or Aggregated Information. We may de-identify or aggregate data We receive and may use and disclose it for any business purpose as permitted by applicable law. Once de-identified or aggregated, this data is no longer considered personal data because it is not reasonably capable of being associated with an identifiable person.
We do not collect, use or share sensitive personal data as defined by the California Privacy
Rights Act (CPRA).
California law defines the “sale” of data as sharing a consumer’s personal data to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. The CPRA further defines sharing of data to include providing personal data with a third party for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. We do not share your personal data in exchange for monetary compensation but do share personal data with online advertising platforms for the purposes of cross-contextual behavioral advertising to target our advertising to you on third-party platforms.
The categories of personal data shared with third parties and the categories of third parties with whom the information was shared are as follows: Online and Personal Identifiers (including unique IDs based on device and IP address), name, email address, phone number, and zip code are shared with advertising companies and social media platforms for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes.
We do not have actual knowledge of selling or sharing the personal data of consumers under 16 years of age.
California Residents’ Right to Opt-Out
As a California consumer, you have the right under California law to opt out of the sale and sharing of your personal data. You can opt out of these data sharing practices by (1) submitting a request through this webform or calling us at 833-950-0094 during our standard business hours and (2) adjusting your cookie settings by clicking: Manage Cookies and making the necessary changes
. Both actions are required to fully opt out of the sale and sharing of your personal data.
Our websites respond to the Global Privacy Control browser opt out preference signal sent through a browser connected with a specific device. If you have the Global Privacy Control preference signal enabled for your browser and specific device, your personal data will not be shared through cookies and pixels on our websites. If you are a HomeServe customer and have a customer account with us, to fully opt out you must also submit an opt out request through our online webform here or by calling us at 833-950-0094 during our standard business hours in
addition to relying on your enabled opt out preference signal.
We retain all categories of data listed above until you ask HomeServe to delete your personal data to the extent permitted and as required by relevant consumer privacy laws and regulations.