Consumer Data Access Rights and Privacy Notice | HomeServe
- delete the personal data we have collected from or about you under the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), Colorado Privacy Rights Act (“CPA”), Connecticut Personal Data Privacy and online Monitoring Act (“CPDPA”) and Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA”);
- access a copy of the personal data we have about you under the CPRA, VCDPA, CPA, CPDPA or UCPA;
- correct inaccurate personal data we have about you under the CPRA or VDCPA CPA, CPDPA and UCPA;
- provide information about whether and how we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold information about you under the CPRA
- disclose of the specific pieces and categories of information we have about you under the CPRA;
- appeal a decision to not take action on a data access request under the VCDPA, CPA, CPDPA and UCPA
For California residents, California law requires certain disclosures about your rights and the personal information we collect, “sell” and disclose for business purposes. To view this information, see California Privacy Notice and Rights.
For Virginia residents, including Cropp-Metcalfe customers, Colorado, Connecticut and Utah residents, to view more information on your Consumer Privacy Rights and the personal information we collect, see HomeServe’s Compliance with Other State Laws.
When you make a privacy data access request, you will be required to provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify the request. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the type of request you make. To make a data access request online, you can get started below. You may also call 1-833 950-0094 or email email@example.com to exercise your data privacy rights.