Helping communities, one program at a time.
At HomeServe, caring for communities is in the fabric of our corporate culture. We are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our social responsibility. The HomeServe Cares Foundation (HSCF) grant program is one of many initiatives designed to help communities improve quality of life for their residents. The HSCF grant program is intended to help organizations in communities jump-start a project for residents or to infuse funds into existing programs.
This year is our initial launch of the HSCF grant program, and our 2019 goal is to make a significant impact. Awards will range from $5,000 to $25,000 and several will be available for funding each quarter between April 2019 and March 2020.
Target areas for HSCF funding include
the following category:
Building community, one program at a time.
Communities thrive when there are common spaces where residents can gather with family and friends for engagement, fun and recreation. Whether these are parks, play grounds or community centers, the HomeServe Cares Foundation (HSCF) is focusing its next round of grants on projects that support cities, municipalities and organizations that have projects that target these essential public spaces. The emphasis on these projects should be in one or more of the following areas:
- Upgrades to existing facilities to accommodate residents with disabilities.
- Refurbishment or replacement of equipment and facilities to ensure the safety of visitors.
- Improvements to community centers or spaces aimed at inclusion and/or resident engagement.
- Establishment of new projects aimed at uniting communities through shared spaces.
How to apply for a grant to fund a
project or program in your community
The HSCF invites you to submit applications for projects, initiatives or ongoing programs that will provide meaningful impact to your community in the continental U.S. Organizations can submit applications to be considered for two grant awards, which are valued at up to $20,000 each.
- Applications are due by March 24, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (ET)
- Awards will be announced on or before March 31, 2020
- All projects must be substantially underway by June 30, 2020
Full requirements are shown on the application. Applications must be submitted through the online application found here:
Grant Selection Process
Grant recipients will be selected by representatives of HomeServe. Projects will be judged on the degree to which their goals make a meaningful impact in the target area, and that meet all other selection criteria.
More specifically, the projects will be assessed on:
- Impact (55 points): The proposed project addresses a clear need that brings positive change to the community and effectively engages residents. The project also demonstrates the ability to accelerate a project, or use of the funds will dramatically improve existing outcomes of a community-based program. Please try to quantify how many people in your community will be impacted by your project and/or what benefits the award will effect (e.g., housing upgrades will improve accessibility for 8 residents, or housing upgrades will allow residents improved mobility and independence, or other quantitative description of impact.
- Execution (30 points): Applicants demonstrate capacity to deliver the desired outcome of the project on time and within awarded budget, or have a track record of success in running their community-based program. This can be demonstrated by including a brief overview of a project plan or listing previous projects completed successfully.
- Innovation (15 points): The project demonstrates creativity, aesthetic beauty, unusual design or engagement elements, and/or the potential to spark additional community change.
HSCF reserves the right to make funding decisions based on other criteria, in addition to those described above.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com