Helping communities, one program at a time.
At HomeServe, caring for communities is in the fabric of our corporate culture. We are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our social responsibility. The HomeServe Cares Foundation (HSCF) grant program is one of many initiatives designed to help communities improve quality of life for their residents. The HSCF grant program is intended to help organizations in communities jump-start a project for residents or to infuse funds into existing programs.
Now in our second year, the goal for the HSCF grant program is to make a significant impact in the communities we serve. We are targeting grant awards that will range from $5,000 to $25,000 and aim to solicit applications roughly each quarter between April 2020 and March 2021.
Target areas for HSCF funding include
the following category:
Building community, one program at a time.
The HSCF grants support cities, municipalities and non-profit organizations that have programs or projects that include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Programs that support aging in place, including upgrades or accessibility retrofits
- Programs that support homeless or disabled veterans
- Initiatives that assist low income housing upgrades
- Initiatives to improve parks, including retrofitting for handicapped accessibility
Current target area and how to apply for a grant for your organization
Recognizing that the coronavirus has impacted the economic wellbeing of people and communities across the country, in this round of funding, the HSCF is awarding up to five $10,000 grants to municipal and non-profit organizations, no more than one per community, to benefit food banks, food service agencies that support K-12 students, community center based food programs, or shelters to a) to replenish personal protective equipment (PPE) and/or retrofit facilities to allow for better protection of staff and clients, e.g.: install plexiglass partitions, and b) utilize remaining funding to restock food and household supplies such as toilet paper, wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. used for client populations.
The HSCF invites you to submit an application for a project, initiative or ongoing program targeting the above that will provide a meaningful impact to your community located within the continental U.S. The anticipated timeline is as follows:
- Applications are due by September 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (ET)
- Awards will be announced on or before September 15, 2020
Full requirements are shown on the application. Applications must be submitted through the online application found here:
Grant Application Form
Grant Selection Process
Grant recipients will be selected by representatives of HomeServe. Projects will be judged on the degree to which their goals make a meaningful impact in the target area, and that meet all other selection criteria.
More specifically, the projects will be assessed on:
- Impact (55 points): How the proposed project addresses a clearly identified outcome for the community and impact for its residents. How the initiative demonstrates how the funds will accelerate a project, or dramatically improve existing outcomes of a program. Please try to quantify how many people (staff, volunteers and especially clients) will be impacted by your initiative and/or what benefits the award will provide.
- Execution (30 points): Applicants demonstrate capacity to deliver the desired outcome of the initiative or project with immediate effect and within awarded budget, or have a proven track record of success in running their community-based program. This can be demonstrated by including a brief overview of a project plan or listing previous projects completed successfully.
- Innovation (15 points): The project demonstrates creativity in use of funds, unusual design or engagement elements, and/or the potential to spark additional community change.
HSCF reserves the right to make funding decisions based on other criteria, in addition to those described above.
Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org