Caring for the common good, one good deed at a time.
We know that giving occurs in many ways. So at HomeServe, whether it's time, money or goods, you'll find us and our team supporting local and national organizations.
What's one of our favorite ways to give? It's a new plan we started in 2019. When our employees participate in fundraising initiatives that raise money through events - think running, biking, walking, etc. - we'll support them by making a donation to the nonprofit organization they are supporting.
Employee Giving and Volunteerism
We also provide both support and opportunities to help our employees give back, including:
- Food/Toy donation drives
- Group participation in local community organizations
- Fundraising support for charitable activity events, such as walking, running and biking
And, we encourage HomeServe employees to care for the common good by offering 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) to support a charity of their choice (without using a vacation day.)
During the 3 months ending June 2019, 67 employees provided 268 hours of time to the following efforts:
- Person 2 Person in their Norwalk and Darien location where the teams packaged food, stocked the pantry and organized clothing in the thrift store
- Borough of Canonsburg where a team cleaned up trash and debris, trimmed bushes and planted flowers in the Jean Popp Gateway Garden
- Chattanooga Area Food Bank benefited from employees that packaged food items, and stocked the pantry for this important organization in the community
From Our Employees
Personally, it's a great feeling to be able to give back to the community...to be able to help people, a lot of times you just get busy with your personal life but it's good to give back to others.
– Derek Dicso, Senior Business Operations Analyst
It warms my heart....we love to give back at HomeServe, and it makes me feel really good.
– Dantario Dansby, Business Development Specialist