EV Charger protection plan
Your car is a lifeline to the outside world. And if you drive an electric vehicle (EV), you know how important your level 2 charger is to daily life.
An EV level 2 charger breakdown or malfunction is a huge inconvenience: imagine you can’t charge your EV to drive to work, the kids to school, or even to the doctor or the grocery store. That’s why you want your EV charger to be ready when needed.
What is an EV Charger protection plan?
The new EV Charger Protection Plan from HomeServe provides comprehensive protection that helps EV owners have minimum disruption to home charging. You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that should your EV charger fail due to normal wear and tear, you will be reimbursed for up to $500 for a new replacement unit!.
Plus, we will provide up $2,500 of annual coverage to ensure the wiring to your EV charger, including your electrical panel is protected in case they fail as well.
What does the EV Charger protection plan cover?
- Up to a $500 reimbursement for a replacement EV charger
- Up to $2,500 of annual coverage for repair or replacement of wiring and components that are damaged due to normal wear and tear including: distribution center (panel or fuse box), connectors, electrical outlet, light switch, and wiring to wall light, exhaust fan, and other points of use in the home.
- Multiple service calls up to benefit limit
- No deductible or call-out fee
- 24/7/365 live, multilingual, call center representatives who are ready to provide exceptional customer support
- High quality repairs from a local, licensed and insured electricians.
- One-year guarantee for parts and workmanship on covered interior electric repairs
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Coverage not available everywhere. Plan subject to eligibility requirements, 30-day waiting period, exclusions and coverage limitations. See full Terms and Conditions with complete coverage and exclusion details.
Is this EV Charger protection plan worth it?
74% of prospective EV buyers are worried that their charger could fail or malfunction.* That's why many EV owners look for protection plans to help provide peace of mind for financial reimbursement or unit replacement should they suffer a breakdown.
*Source: HomeServe Survey June 2020
Get an EV Charger installation estimate in just a few clicks!
We are in the process of partnering with local utilities to offer installation service.
See if your utility has joined our program in this list.