Ivena International Recalls 70,000 Shower Benches Sold at Costco Due to Fall Risk, Injuries
Ivena International is recalling about 70,000 teak shower benches sold between October 2018 and June 2021. If you purchased one of these benches, beware: According to a recall alert published by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the benches can collapse or break during use, posing a fall hazard to the user.
This May Also Interest You: What Do You Do When a Product Is Recalled? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
The Sept. 9 recall states that there have been 81 reports of the benches collapsing, breaking or falling apart during use. There have been four reports of injuries, including a fractured tailbone, head and body aches and bruising.
This recall involves Ivena International’s 20-inch teak shower benches. The recalled models have item number 1049998 and UPC 8886474018015 printed on the exterior packaging. The stools were made in Indonesia, and sold exclusively at Costco stores for $80 and at Costco.com for $90.
If you have one of these benches in your shower, you’ll want to stop using it immediately. You can return the stool to any Costco store for a full refund. Costco is contacting known purchasers directly. You can reach Ivena International, the Singapore-based manufacturer, at 844-818-9388 or QA@ivenainternational.com. For more details, visit the company’s website. And for more consumer product safety information, go to cpsc.gov.
More Related Articles:
- Fall Risk: TJX Is Recalling 4,300 Counter Stools Due to Fall and Injury Hazards
- Bruises, Bumps, Scratches and Sprains: Target Recalls Shower Stools Due to Fall Risk
- Chairs Could Collapse: TJX Recalls 92,000 Wooden Folden Chairs for Fall, Injury Risk
- Watch Your Seat: 3,100 StyleWell Dining Chair Sets Recalled for Fall Risk
- Are You Sitting Down? Hillsdale Furniture Recalls 10,500 Stools Over Fall Risk