More peace of mind, more choices for CenterPoint Energy Customers
CenterPoint Energy selects HomeServe as home protection plan partner
- CenterPoint Energy is excited to announce an extension of their business relationship with HomeServe USA to bring home protection plans to CenterPoint Energy’s Louisiana natural gas customers. Since launching this program in June 2018 in Texas, more than 325,000 homeowners signed up for at least one HomeServe plan. In that short time, they’ve saved more than $5 million in repair costs.
- CenterPoint Energy works hard every day to deliver safe, reliable and affordable natural gas service to its customers. As part of that commitment, they look for new, affordable ways to protect the homes and budgets of their customers from the high cost and hassle of unexpected repairs.
- HomeServe serves over 4 million customers across the U.S. and Canada directly and through 650 leading municipal and utility partners. HomeServe has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- CenterPoint Energy natural gas customers in Louisiana will be able to sign up for optional service plans to cover repairs to customer-owned gas lines, water lines and other systems. Plans start at just $5.49 a month.
- Service plans provide customers with access to a HomeServe Repair Hotline available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, as well as local, licensed, and insured technicians that will come to their home for repairs.
What is my responsibility as a homeowner?
- Natural Gas Lines: CenterPoint Energy owns and maintains all piping up to and including the gas meter. Piping from the outlet of the meter to the connection at any gas appliance inside or outside of your home is your responsibility.
- Water Service Lines: As a homeowner, you own the water service line that brings fresh tap water into your home. You are responsible for the repair of this line from your property boundary or external wall of your well casing to the external wall of your home.
- Service plans from HomeServe cover the cost of repairs to these lines and systems on homeowners’ property and eliminate the hassle of finding a qualified technician when repairs are needed.
Plans subject to eligibility requirements, exclusions and other limitations. See coverage information in your mail piece.