Garden People

About EPCOR and HomeServe

HomeServe partnered with EPCOR to raise awareness among Albertans about their homeowner responsibilities and to introduce another option so Albertans can protect themselves in the event that an emergency home repair is needed.

Repair Plans

HomeServe is an independent company licensed to sell insurance in Alberta, separate from EPCOR and its affiliates, and is offering this optional insurance policy as an authorized representative of Industrial Alliance Pacific General Insurance Corporation (“IAPG”). EPCOR and its affiliates are not offering this optional insurance directly or indirectly, nor will they be a party to any agreements entered into by customers with respect to this optional insurance. Furthermore, neither EPCOR nor its affiliates will have any obligations to the customer in connection with this optional insurance. This insurance policy is underwritten by IAPG. All services are performed by a licensed and insured independent contractor. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from EPCOR.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is HomeServe?
HomeServe is an independent company providing emergency home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, HomeServe protects over 2 million homeowners in the US and Canada and provides emergency repair plans through partners, utility companies, municipalities and directly to consumers.
Why did HomeServe and EPCOR enter into a partnership?
HomeServe entered into a partnership with EPCOR to offer homeowners in Alberta the same protection that has proven to be valuable for customers in the United States. This is an optional service for Albertans, and HomeServe, a leading provider of emergency repair service plans in North America, provides the service.
If I'm an EPCOR customer, will HomeServe charges show up on my EPCOR bill?
No. People who decide to buy these services become HomeServe customers and will receive a separate bill from that company.
What types of insurance products is HomeServe offering?

You can receive information about any of the following products:

  • Exterior Water Service Line Insurance
  • Interior Plumbing & Drainage Insurance
  • Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Insurance
  • Interior Gas Line Insurance
  • Interior Electrical Line Insurance
  • Heating System Insurance
  • Water Heater Repair & Replacement Insurance
  • Exterior Dual Line Insurance
Why is coverage valuable to Albertans?
Based upon HomeServe’s ten years of experience in the United States, it is estimated that there will be over 100,000 single-family residential water service line issues and close to 400,000 exterior sewer line issues affecting homeowners across Canada this year. The value of HomeServe protection plans is it gives homeowners protection against the expense of emergency repairs, and also arranges for the work to get done.
Where can homeowners learn more about their homeowner responsibility?
If you would like more information about your responsibilities as a homeowner, call HomeServe toll-free at 1-855-441-1395 to speak with a customer service representative.
I’m not an EPCOR customer. Are you affiliated with my local utility?
HomeServe has an agreement with EPCOR to introduce our product to Albertans. HomeServe does not have agreements with any other Alberta utility providers. This offer is optional and is available to all Albertans.
I own a mobile home and have water service line coverage already, how is this coverage different?
HomeServe’s mailing lists are created from publicly available telephone directory data and mailings are sent to residential single-family homes in Alberta . However, it is sometimes difficult to discern from this data that an address is a mobile home. If you received this mailing, this was in error and we apologize for any confusion. Mobile homes, recreational vehicles, multi-unit dwellings and properties used for commercial purposes are not eligible for coverage.
Will I be charged in U.S. dollars or Canadian dollars?
You will be charged in Canadian dollars.
I need a repair. What should I do?

Step 1: If you should suffer a home repair emergency that is covered by your plan, call HomeServe toll-free at 1-855-441-1396.

Step 2: A local, licensed and insured technician will be dispatched to your home to make the covered repair or replacement.

Step 3: Once covered repairs are completed, just sign the repair form and we pay the technician directly for you.

It’s that simple!

HomeServe is a U.S. based company, are you going to use Canadian technicians?
Absolutely. For our Alberta customers, HomeServe uses local, licensed and qualified Alberta technicians. Each service technician is hand-selected and rigorously screened before acceptance. Screening includes verification of certification and in-the-field evaluation. Homeowners that call with an emergency can rest assured that a local qualified technician will be available to attend to their repair quickly and in a professional manner.
How do I join the HomeServe contractor network?
Complete and send in our Contractor Appraisal Form, and either fax it back to us at (305) 266-5711 or email it to We are looking for contractors that can provide 24/7 service coverage. We will review your appraisal form to make sure there is a positive relationship that will benefit us both. You will be contacted to complete the enrolment documentation.
How do I cancel my plan?

You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund less any claims paid; cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund less any claims paid. Most basic homeowners insurance policies and local utility companies do not cover repair or replacement of this line. If you find you have similar coverage, you can contact HomeServe at 1-855-336-2465 to cancel and you will receive a refund of your service agreement fee, less any claims paid.

Click here to read the full cancellation policy.

Invalid Zip Code

Please input a valid 5-digit ZIP Code