Exterior Water Service Line Coverage
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $6,000 annual benefit amount
- Water Service Line: 2 service calls ($3,000 per call)
- Water Service Line Restoration: 2 service calls ($1,000 per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Locating the leak
- Restoration of your pavement, yard, or landscaping disturbed or excavated as part of a covered repair on your property
Replacing a water service line costs an average of $2,585.*
If your water service line fails, it can cause:
- a visible water leak in your yard
- water leaks in your basement
- low water pressure
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the water service line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
As your home ages, so does the exterior water service line that brings fresh water to your house. If this line breaks or leaks due to ground shifting, pipe aging, corrosion or extreme temperatures, you could be faced with an expensive repair bill. There's no way to prevent a water service line emergency.
Basic homeowners insurance does not typically cover damage due to normal wear and tear. Be prepared with an affordable repair plan called Exterior Water Service Line Coverage. Help get protection from the high cost of covered repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe, which includes up to $6,000 annually with 2 service calls up to $3,000 each for covered repairs.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your exterior water service line
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Repair to any water line that branches off the main water service line, thawing of frozen pipes, any additional restoration to: an entire paved surface in order to match color or texture; any portion of your property that you share with or is owned by a third party or is covered by a homeowners', condominium or like association; outbuildings; sprinkler/irrigation systems, ponds, waterfalls, or other water structures, fields, meadows, pastures or wooded areas; sod, grass, shrubs, or trees that have died or failed to grow due to lack of ongoing care or maintenance; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a leaking, low pressure, or permanently blocked exterior water service line, for which you have sole responsibility, from your property boundary or external wall of your well casing to the external wall of your home, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Your pavement, yard or landscaping disturbed or excavated as part of a covered repair is eligible for restoration, up to the benefit amount, including: sod; mulch; shrubs not exceeding 5 gallons; trees not exceeding 6 feet; resetting bricks and stones for sidewalks, driveways, walls, and patios; and patching or repairing asphalt or concrete sidewalks, driveways, steps, porches, and patios.
Not covered: Repair to any water line that branches off the main water service line, thawing of frozen pipes, any additional restoration to: an entire paved surface in order to match color or texture; any portion of your property that you share with or is owned by a third party or is covered by a homeowners, condominium or like association; outbuildings; sprinkler/irrigation systems, ponds, waterfalls, or other water structures, fields, meadows, pastures or wooded areas; sod, grass, shrubs, or trees that have died or failed to grow due to lack of ongoing care or maintenance; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid), where applicable.
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price. Your coverage will remain in effect unless you contact HomeServe to discontinue. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utilities company, providing home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.