30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Capacitors and circuit boards
- Condenser motor and fan
- Fan controls, relays and filter dryer
- Relays, transformers and valves
- Equipment fuses
- Standard thermostats with sub-base
Most central A/C components cost hundreds of dollars to replace.*
How a cooling system failure can affect your home:
- circuit board failure can cause the breaker to keep tripping
- A bad condenser can cause the fan to blow but not cool
It can be a major inconvenience when your central A/C system fails and finding a qualified professional to address the problem quickly can be time consuming and costly. Don't sweat high repair costs with an affordable repair plan from HomeServe USA and get access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your cooling system.
* National average repair costs as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
A lot can go wrong with your central A/C system. Drains can clog, motors can burn out, and fuses can blow. It may be your responsibility to keep your central air conditioning functioning properly. Let a repair plan from HomeServe help protect you from the expense and bother of emergency home repairs.
Cooling system problems can be caused by many things. Capacitors, circuit boards and internal fuses or breakers, condensate pumps, condenser motors and fans, and contactor switches are among the covered culprits. Don’t sweat high repair costs with a Cooling Repair Program.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the electric central heat pump/air conditioning system.
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your cooling system prior to enrollment.
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Air cleaners, heat pumps, compressors, refrigerant leaks, humidifiers, refrigerant; geothermal heat pumps or gas driven engine heat pumps; repairs to your system if repair parts are unavailable and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair the following electric central air conditioning system parts, for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence: capacitors; circuitry, equipment fuses, condenser fan motors; fan, fan pulleys, fan bearings, fan shafts, fan belts, relays; standard thermostats with sub-base; transformers; wiring; diagnostics; transportation. There is a $25 fee per service call.
Not covered: Air cleaners, heat pumps, compressors, refrigerant leaks, humidifiers, refrigerant; geothermal heat pumps or gas driven engine heat pumps; repairs to your system if repair parts are unavailable and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact HomeServe to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price. Your coverage will remain in effect unless you contact HomeServe to discontinue. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utilities company, providing home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), PA registration #053636, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Duquesne Light Company and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service
from Duquesne Light Company.
Cooling Repair Program for only $4.95/mo.