30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Standard thermostats, transformers and wiring/circuity
- Blower bearings, belts, pulleys, motors, shafts and controls
- Standard air filters and spark ignitors
- Capacitors, equipment fuses and low pressure regulators
- Disconnect fan, limit and rollout switches
- Main and pilot burners, pilot burner generators and thermocouples
It costs $300-$700 to repair each of the major components in a heating system.*
How a heating system failure can affect your home:
- broken circuit board could mean no heat
- blower motor failure can mean the system won’t supply enough heat
- lack of heat could cause pipes to freeze and induce water damage
It can be a major inconvenience when your heating system fails and finding a qualified professional to address the problem quickly can be time consuming and costly. With an affordable repair plan from HomeServe, you'll get coverage you can warm up to with protection from high repair costs and access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your heating system.
*Costs shown are estimates only. Actual repair costs could be more or less than stated cost. HomeServe national average repair costs as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
If your heating system suddenly fails in the middle of winter, you could face many long, cold nights and days trying to find reliable repair help in the busy winter months. Don't get left out in the cold. Get affordable Heating Coverage; a home repair solution you can warm up to.
Many complicated parts keep your heating system functioning. Help protect yourself against the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe. Heating Coverage includes the emergency breakdown repair costs of most major parts of the home heating systems covered up to the annual benefit amount.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the natural gas or propane; central forced-air; or circulating hot water central heating system.
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your heating system.
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Air cleaners, humidifiers, heat exchangers, heat pumps, repairs to your system if repair parts are unavailable and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair the following components of the natural gas furnace or boiler heating system, for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence: blower bearings, blower belts, blower pulleys, blower motors, blower shafts, air filters, aquastat pump controls, aquastat limit controls, pump couplers, capacitors, circulating pumps, disconnect fan and limit switches, blower controls, ingnition controls, limit controls, equipment fuses, gas valves, gas cocks with pilot shutoff, glow plates, draft inductor motors, low pressure regulators, low water cutoffs, main and pilot burners, pilot burner generators, pilot safety controls, thermocouples, rollout switches, igniters, thermostats, transformers, relief valves, pressure controls, wiring/circuitry. There is a $25 fee per service call.
Not covered: Air cleaners, humidifiers, heat exchangers, heat pumps, repairs to your system if repair parts are unavailable and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact HomeServe to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price. Your coverage will remain in effect unless you contact HomeServe to discontinue. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utilities company, providing home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), PA registration #053636, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Duquesne Light Company and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service
from Duquesne Light Company.
Heating Repair Program for only $4.95/mo.