In-Home Electric Repair Program Rail
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why You Should Get a Plan
A faulty 200 amp electrical panel can cost up to $1,248 to replace.*
Problems with your interior electrical wiring can cause:
- faulty outlets and wall switches
- shorts in wiring causing fixtures to stop working or lights to flicker
- partial or full home "blackout"
If an electrical breakdown happens, you need qualified help quickly to rewire faulty sections and repair switches, outlets, breaker/fuse boxes and control panels. Finding help can be difficult and time-consuming and repairs can be expensive. Lighten your load from expensive repairs with an affordable repair plan from HomeServe and get access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your home's interior electrical wiring system.
*National average repair costs as of June 2020.
- Repair or replace the high voltage wiring that services the interior limits of your home
- Repair or replace from the service entrance wiring at the weatherhead or tap underground through the receptacle or fixture box
- This includes breakers, boxes, fuses, receptacles, wiring, switches and outlets
- Restoration to any floor inside your residence disturbed by the repair is limited to leaving you with a floor that it is sufficiently safe to walk on
- Interior Electric Line - Unlimited
- Interior Electric Line: Unlimited/Unlimited per call
Old or faulty wiring can cause problems around your house, such as failed electrical outlets, sockets and fittings, breaker panels and fuse boxes. These emergency repairs can be costly. Power up your protection against indoor wiring breakdowns with a repair plan called In-Home Electric Repair.
As a homeowner, you are responsible for the electrical systems inside your home. Finding qualified help for emergency repairs can be time consuming and expensive. Get protection help from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe.
Important coverage information5393
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the interior electrical system
Not Eligible 5393
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- Mobile, manufactured and multi-unit dwellings: may be eligible so please see Eligibility section below for details
- Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair, restore or replace the failing interior electrical line within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, from the service entrance wiring at the weatherhead or tap underground through the receptacle or fixture box, including breakers, boxes, fuses, receptacles, wiring, connectors, switches, and outlets, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not Covered: Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price. Your coverage will remain in effect unless you contact HomeServe to discontinue. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utilities company, providing home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
Not covered: Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Duquesne Light Company and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service
from Duquesne Light Company.
In-Home Electric Repair Program for only $3.99/mo.