Home emergency repairs can be expensive and time-consuming. Duquesne Light Company has partnered with HomeServe to help eligible customers be prepared and have the best possible service in the case of such a breakdown. With a repair plan from HomeServe, you can get access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for the major systems in and around your home.
- Interior Electric Line - Unlimited
- Interior Electric Line: Unlimited/Unlimited per call
- Exterior Electric Line - $3,000
- Exterior Electric Line : Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- An owner of a residential single structure, that is not intended to be moved
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your interior electrical line prior to enrollment
- If your entire interior electrical line is shared with any third party or covered by a homeowners’, condominium or like association
- Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair, restore or replace the failing interior electrical line within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, from the service entrance wiring at the weatherhead or tap underground through the receptacle or fixture box, including breakers, boxes, fuses, receptacles, wiring, connectors, switches, and outlets, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not Covered: Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe at 1-833-500-2624. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price and is billed monthly through your utility bill.
Frequently asked questions
1. Service Drop - While DLC maintains the service-drop wire, you are responsible for pruning or removing any tree branches or vegetation that may interfere with your electric service.
2. Point of Attachment - We provide the anchor - known as a "one point" - that attaches the service drop to the home.
3. Weatherhead and Service Entrance Cable - You are responsible for the weatherhead and the wire that runs along the outside of your home into the meter, as well as from the meter to your service panel or fuse box. The weatherhead protects the service entrance cable from weather conditions.
4. Meter Base - The metal box that houses the meter is the customer's responsibility.
5. Meter - DLC owns and maintains the meter.
6. Service Panel or Fuse Box - You are responsible for the box, the circuit breaker or fuses, and all of the wiring inside the home.
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. ("HomeServe"), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Duquesne Light Company and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract providers as stated under each specific product offering. This does not impact your utility service.