30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $850 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Burner supply tube and assembly
- Drain and gas valves
- Pilot light
- Temperature control
- Main burner
Typical cost to replace 40 gallon Water Heater is $780-$2,400.*
Problems with your hot water heater can cause:
- hot water to run out too quickly
- no hot water for showering or washing
- noise and odor due to sediment build-up
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the water heater in your home, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. Below are some examples of covered water heater components. Breakdowns can happen regardless of the make or material, and many factors contribute to water heater breakdowns.
*National average repair costs as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
You depend on hot water for showering, washing and laundry. Problems with your natural gas water heater can be a major inconvenience. Finding a qualified professional can be time consuming and costly. Get protection help from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe. If your water heater can't be repaired, the balance of your annual benefit can be applied to a like-for-like replacement.
The Water Heater Repair and Replacement Plan provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a tank-based electric, natural gas or propane water heater that is damaged due to normal wear and tear. If your water heater is deemed beyond repair, you can apply the balance of your repair plan’s benefit amount to a like-for-like replacement.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the electric, natural gas or propane water heater.
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your water heater, or if you have a commercial grade, larger than 100 gallon, tankless, solar, geothermal, oil, hanging or combination home heating/domestic hot water unit.
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Removal or disposal of old water heater; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a standard electric or gas water heater, for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Removal or disposal of old water heater; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact HomeServe to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms. HomeServe is an independent company separate from your utilities company.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Cleveland Water and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Cleveland Water.
Water Heater Repair and Replacement for only $7.49/mo.