30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Locating the leak
Replacing a water service line costs an average of $2,585.*
If your water service line fails, it can cause:
- a visible water leak in your yard
- water leaks in your basement
- low water pressure
As a homeowner, you may be (are) responsible for the water service line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
As your home ages, so does the exterior water service line that brings fresh water to your house. If this line breaks or leaks due to ground shifting or extreme temperatures, you could be faced with an expensive repair bill. There's no way to prevent a water service line emergency. Be prepared with an affordable repair plan called Water Line Replacement.
Leaks and breaks on a home’s exterior water service line can be caused by aging of the pipe, corrosion, extreme temperatures, settling or shifting of the ground. Basic homeowners’ insurance does not typically cover damage due to normal wear and tear. Help get protection from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the exterior water service line, exterior sewer septic line and interior plumbing system
- Mobile, manufactured and multi-unit dwellings: may be eligible so please see Eligibility section below for details
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- Any water line that branches off the main water service line; shared line that provides service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; line connected to well, cistern or not connected to a water company system; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair or replace a single leaking, low pressure, or blocked exterior water service line, for which you have sole responsibility, from your utility's responsibility to the water meter or main shut-off valve inside your home, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Any water line that branches off the main water service line; shared line that provides service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; line connected to well, cistern or not connected to a water company system; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact HomeServe to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms. HomeServe is an independent company separate from your utilities company.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Cleveland Water and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Cleveland Water.
Water Line Replacement for only $3.95/mo.