How to tackle plug socket problems
Your laptop has got no charge and the lamp won’t switch on – sounds like you’ve got a faulty socket on your hands. This quick guide gives you the power to get things sorted.
1. Try your appliance in another socket, to help you figure out where the problem is.
2. If it works, you know it’s the original socket that’s faulty, so it’s time to replace it.
3. No joy? Try a socket on a different floor – if this works, you’ve likely got a dead circuit.
4. Turn off the lights and unplug everything on the circuit. Switch each one back on to help you see where the issue is at.
5. Found it? Isolate it, check the fuse, connections and that there’s no wires on show.
6. Don’t forget – switch off the mains before you attempt any repairs. If you’re ever in any doubt, give me a shout.
We’re full of bright ideas when it comes to getting you out of the dark. To read the full guide click the link below.