How to tackle kitchen plumbing problems
If your kitchen is anything like mine it sees a lot of traffic, so it’s no wonder that problems can happen there. To help you fight them, here’s my round-up of common problems to watch out for…
1. Dishwasher leaks – if it’s cleaning the floor rather than your dishes – your filter, drain hose or pump might need replacing.
2. Down the drain – if your fridge drain hole is blocked with food, I find a drain hole cleaner does the job, but even a straw can tackle it.
3. Seal it up – if your fridge door seal has seen better days, grab a new one from your local DIY store and replace it, you don’t want your groceries going to waste.
4. Tap spout leaks – If you’ve noticed a leak from the tap spout the answer might be as simple as fitting a new O-ring.
5. Under the sink blockages – If the water isn’t draining properly, it sounds like the pipe is clogged, so it might be time to shut off the stop tap, put a towel down and clear the blockage.
Remember, I’m always on hand to pull the plug on your plumbing problems, but here’s a more in-depth article if you fancy learning more.
Top 5 kitchen plumbing problems Plumbing and drainage cover