Dealing with a radiator that won’t heat up
When the heating is on, but you’re feeling a chill, blankets won’t solve it, but bleeding your radiator might. With just a few common items, here’s how it’s done…
1. Turn your heating on and check your radiators for any cold spots.
2. Found one? Turn your heating off and wait for things to cool down.
3. Place a cloth/ bucket under the bleed valve on the top of the radiator (it looks like a hole with a square inside).
4. Use a radiator key to open it up until you hear a hissing sound.
5. When the hissing stops and water starts leaking out, close the valve.
6. Finally, check your boiler pressure is at the level it should be.
I check all my radiators a couple of times a year, so I’m always ready for when the cold weather kicks in. Fancy a bit more info? Just click the link below.