Heating, Plumbing and Electrics Plus

This comprehensive insurance covers your boiler, plumbing, drainage, electrics and more - so you can be confident we’ll be there when it matters most

per month in your first year
Annual price : £252
Boiler excess : £100
Non-boiler excess : £30
Your excess is the amount you’ll have to pay upfront each time you make a claim. This insurance is also available with a £60 boiler excess for £24.50 a month.
The price of your cover will increase after the first year. Customers in their second year who choose to renew now will pay £33.50 a month (£402 for the year) provided no claims have been made. 
Apply now

This insurance is for

  • Homeowners whose properties are heated with natural gas
  • People who want comprehensive cover for their home’s gas boiler, central heating, plumbing and electrics, plus cover for security problems and pest infestations.

What's covered

The main things you can claim for

  • Leaking pipes within your home
  • Blocked drains
  • Blockages to sinks and toilets
  • Leaks or blockages to your water supply pipe
  • Dripping or seized taps
  • Failed wiring
  • A breakdown of the fusebox
  • Broken light switches
  • Faults on the electric shower unit
  • Rats or mice inside your home
  • Wasps or hornets in your home or garden
  • Lost keys to your external doors
  • Protecting a damaged roof
  • Boarding up a broken window
  • No heating or hot water due to a boiler breakdown
  • Repairing the boiler controls and components.
  • Repairing a leak within your central heating system.
  • A leaking gas supply pipe.

What isn't covered

The main exclusions

  • Guttering
  • Soakaways
  • Shared drains, or drains or pipes you’re not responsible for
  • Mixer and digital showers
  • The gas pipe leading into your meter
  • Household appliances
  • Any pest outside other than a wasp/hornets nest

Let’s get started

  • First, check that you aren’t already covered by other policies, and that you’re eligible to buy this cover.
  • Don’t forget: it’s important to read all product documents and the full terms and conditions of your insurance agreement before you buy.

Frequently asked questions

  • Am I eligible for this insurance?

    • This insurance is only for homeowners.

      It doesn’t include protection for mobile homes or park homes. Business premises and council and housing association properties cannot be covered.

      The boiler(s) at your home must have a power input of less than 70 KW/hr and be fired by natural gas (not LPG, electricity or oil), and gas supply pipes must be 35mm or less in diameter.

  • What information will I need to buy this insurance?

    • To make buying your cover as simple as possible, please make sure you have the following information to hand:

      • Details of the house, bungalow or flat you want to cover
      • Details of how it is heated (for example, the make of your boiler)
      • A valid email address
      • The bank details of whoever will pay for the insurance.
  • What happens if I change my mind?

    • There is a cancellation period that begins at the same time as your cover. This is shown in your insurance agreement as the Cancellation Period.

      If you cancel your cover during the cancellation period and have not made a claim, you will receive a full refund.

      If you have made a claim, you will receive a refund less an amount for the number of days which you have been on cover.

      If you cancel after the cancellation period and have not made a claim, you will receive a refund less an amount for the number of days you have been on cover.

      If you have made a claim, you will be required to pay any remaining payments due for the term of your insurance agreement.

      See the terms and conditions of your insurance agreement for more information on cancellation.

  • When will I be able to make my first claim?

    • Once your cover is set up there’ll be an initial 28 day exclusion period during which you will not be able to claim. In addition, your boiler must pass its boiler health check before HomeServe can progress any claim you might make.

      Take a look at the terms and conditions of your insurance agreement for full details.

  • When and how will I have to pay my excess?

    • You will have to pay £100 for each boiler claim and £30 for each non-boiler claim you make. We’ll need this payment before your claim can be progressed.

      We can only accept payment using the following cards: MasterCard, Maestro, Visa or Visa Delta.

      Please read the terms and conditions of your insurance agreement for full details.

  • What’s a boiler health check, and why does my boiler need one?

    • Your boiler will be given a health check within the first year you’re covered by HomeServe. This is an initial inspection during which a Gas Safe registered engineer will check your boiler to ensure it is safe and can be insured.

      Your boiler must pass this health check before any boiler insurance claims you make can be progressed.

      Your boiler health check must be booked or completed within your first 90 days as a HomeServe customer, and it’s easy to arrange your appointment online.

      If you move house, you must let us know so that we can organise for a boiler health check to be carried out at your new home. This will need to be done before any further insurance claims can be made.

      Please note that in your first year with HomeServe, your boiler health check and boiler service will be carried out during the same appointment even though they are separate inspections. For more information, read our guide to the differences between a boiler health check and a boiler service.

  • What if I do want a FREE Boiler Service?

  • What if I need a repair that isn’t covered by my insurance?

    • Don’t worry. HomeServe’s one off repairs team can help!

      We offer a range of fixed price services that will help keep your home running smoothly. All our repairs are carried out by HomeServe approved experts, and it’s simple and quick to book your repair online.

  • Are there types of gas heating systems this insurance won’t cover?

    • Yes. Homeowners whose properties are heated by dual purpose boilers, a warm air heating system, combination cylinders or thermal storage units are not eligible to buy this cover.

  • What if I suspect I have a gas leak?

    • If you think you have a gas leak, call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999.

  • Won’t my local water company help if there’s a problem with my supply pipe?

    • Your local water company may provide assistance if your external underground water supply pipe is leaking. Please contact them directly for details.

  • Will my local authority help me with pest control?

    • Your local authority may provide a pest control service to its residents. Please contact them directly for details.

  • What happens if my boiler is beyond economical repair (BER)?

    • In the first year after purchasing gas boiler cover, or if you move home after six months of cover:

      • If the boiler is BER and under seven years of age, we will replace it
      • If the boiler is over seven years of age, we will source, replace and install a new boiler, but you will be required to pay for the installation costs.
  • What happens after I’ve had my cover for a year?

    • The price of your insurance will increase when it’s renewed for a second year.

      Customers in their second year who choose to renew now will pay £33.50 a month (£402 for the year) for Heating, Plumbing and Electrics Plus, provided they have made no claims.

      Your cover will automatically renew after a year unless you tell us you don’t want it to.

  • Will I have to pay any extra fees or charges?

    • No. You only have to pay your insurance premium and - in the event you make a claim - your excess.

      Our prices include all fees and Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).

  • Who provides this insurance?

    • This cover is sold, arranged and administered by HomeServe and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.

      Aviva Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

      Aviva Insurance Limited is registered in Scotland as company number 2116. Its registered address is:

      PH2 0NH.

      HomeServe is an insurance intermediary and arranges and administers cover on behalf of the underwriter. HomeServe is a trading name of HomeServe Membership Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for general insurance and credit broking activities, under firm reference number 312518.

      Our registered address is:

      Cable Drive,
      West Midlands,
      WS2 7BN.

      HomeServe Membership Limited is registered in England as company number 2770612. Our VAT registration number is GB559669669.

      The regulatory status of Aviva Insurance Limited and HomeServe can be checked on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Financial Services Register.

  • Where can I find the product documents and terms and conditions that relate to my cover?

Change your excess

This insurance is also available with a £60 excess for £24.50 per month

Find out more

Looking for something different?

We offer a range of options, so you can pick the one that works for you

Find the right cover

Unsure about something?

No problem! We’re always happy to help

Get in touch