As New Year is all about improvement, why not resolve to boost your finances by reducing your annual heating bills?
Not only will this make your home more energy efficient, but you’ll also have more money to spend on making it a year to remember.
By following the 13 steps below you could save as much as £1,130.
1. Change your energy supplier (£228)
2. Replace four baths a week with five-minute showers (£25)
3. Replace all of your light bulbs with energy efficient bulbs (£30)
4. Draught-proof your windows and doors (£30)
5. Insulate your hot water tank and connecting pipes (£45)
6. Install a water efficient showerhead (£95)
7. Turn your thermostat down by 1°C (£75)
8. Turn off all appliances and electronic equipment when not in use (£70)
9. Use a bowl to wash up twice a day rather than leaving the hot tap running (£30)
10. Install and correctly use a room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves (£110)
11. Insulate under your floorboards (£60)
12. Upgrade your appliances for new energy efficient models (£23)
13. Upgrade to a new A-rated high-efficiency condensing boiler (£310)
Sources: Uswitch.com and Energy Saving Trust