- Leaking supply pipe to hot water heater
- Repair/replace burst interior water pipe
- Unblocking an overflowing toilet or sink due to clogged drains
- Leaking wax seal
- Blocked drain
It can cost hundreds of dollars to clear clogged lines, snake drains and fix leaking pipes.*
Plumbing problems can cause: burst pipes behind your walls or ceilings, blocked shower sink drains or leaking supply pipe to your water heater.
Your home's complex network of pipes, lines and drains can create repair problems that are expensive to fix and are not typically covered by most basic homeowners insurance. With an affordable repair plan from HomeServe, you can get protection from high repair costs and access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your home's interior plumbing and drainage system.
*National average repair costs as of January 2016.
Interior Plumbing & Drainage Insurance Coverage
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $3,000 annual benefit amount
- 2 service calls ($1,500 per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Your home has a complex network of plumbing and drainage pipes, valves and drains. There are multiple places where you can experience a problem. Get protection help against expensive repairs to your interior drainage and exterior sewer/septic lines with a repair plan called Interior Plumbing and Draining Insurance Coverage.
Get protection help from high cost of repairs to your interior plumbing and exterior sewer/septic lines with a home service plan. Repairs are expertly carried out by qualified technicians.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the interior plumbing and drainage system
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- Mobile, manufactured and multi-unit dwellings: may be eligible so please see Eligibility section below for details
- Water faucets that require washer repair; thawing of temporarily frozen pipes; pre-existing conditions; repair and/or replacement costs of water tanks, water heaters, radiators, bathroom fittings (e.g., toilet bowls and baths) and sinks; emergency breakdown to property having remained unoccupied for more than 30 days, or caused by freezing of an unoccupied home or where heating was not operating during the breakdown; restoration of affected area; accidents and damage or negligence caused by you or others. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace your plumbing and drainage system within the interior limits of your home (including burst or blocked water service line or sewer drain under the property), that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Water faucets that require washer repair; thawing of temporarily frozen pipes; pre-existing conditions; repair and/or replacement costs of water tanks, water heaters, radiators, bathroom fittings (e.g., toilet bowls and baths) and sinks; emergency breakdown to property having remained unoccupied for more than 30 days, or caused by freezing of an unoccupied home or where heating was not operating during the breakdown; restoration of affected area; accidents and damage or negligence caused by you or others. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your policy starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. This prevents service calls on pre-existing conditions and helps keep the coverage affordable.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact Home Emergency Insurance Solutions to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price.
Frequently asked questions
Home Emergency Insurance Solutions, Washington License #749336, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Washington Water Service Company and offers and administers this optional insurance as an authorized representative of Wesco Insurance Company, 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038, the insurance policy underwriter. All services are performed by a licensed and insured independent contractor. Your choice of whether to participate in this policy will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Washington Water.
Interior Plumbing & Drainage Insurance Coverage for only $9.99/mo.