Cooling System Coverage Rail
50% off your first year
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why Choose this Plan
Most central A/C components cost $300-$700 to replace.*
How a cooling system failure can affect your home:
- circuit board failure can cause the breaker to keep tripping
- a bad condenser can cause the fan to blow but not cool
Your cooling system is complex and can weaken over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, age or lack of regular maintenance. It is normally located in the basement or outside and requires a specialized technician for repairs, which can cost hundreds of dollars.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of June 2020. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
- Capacitors and circuit boards
- Internal fuses or breakers
- Condensate pumps
- Condenser motor and fan
- Contactor switches and delay timer
- Fan controls, relays and filter dryer
- High and low pressure switches
- Limit controls
- Refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges)
- Relays, transformers and valves
A lot can go wrong with your central A/C system. Drains can clog, motors can burn out, and fuses can blow. Cooling system problems can occur unexpectedly, and it may be your responsibility to keep your central air conditioning functioning properly. Let a repair plan from HomeServe help protect you from the expense and bother of emergency home repairs.
Eligible homeowners who enroll in this plan can receive up to $1,750 annually for covered repairs with multiple service calls. Capacitors, circuit boards, internal fuses, breakers, condensate pumps, condenser motors and fans, and contactor switches are among the covered parts. Don't sweat high repair costs with a Cooling System Coverage repair plan.
Why choose this plan:
- $1,750 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Important coverage information6615
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
Not Eligible 6615
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your system before enrollment; your system is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners’ association or the like; uses refrigerant other than R-22 or similar, R-410a; has non-compliant components; exceeds 5 tons capacity; is an ammonia cooling, window, through the wall, hanging, geothermal heat pump, or combination ambient heat/domestic hot water heating unit; or is not installed according to manufacturer specifications
- Air ducts, a/c coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats, thermostat wiring, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the following broken or failed electric central air conditioning system parts for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence: capacitors, circuit boards, internal fuses, breakers, condensate pumps, condenser motor, condenser fan, contactor switches, delay timer, fan controls, fan relays, filter dryer, high and low pressure switches, limit controls; up to 1 pound of refrigerant, relays, transformers, and valves.
Not covered: air ducts, a/c coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats, thermostat wiring, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price and is billed monthly through your SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company bill.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company ("SEMCO") and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. The plan is not regulated by the Michigan Public Service Commission and may be available from another provider. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from SEMCO.
Cooling System Coverage for only $5.99/mo.