- Burner supply tube and assembly
- Drain and gas valves
- Pilot light
- Temperature control
- Main burner
It costs $200-$400 to repair most components of a water heater.*
Problems with your hot water heater can cause:
- hot water to run out too quickly
- no hot water for showering or washing
- noise and odor due to sediment build-up
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the water heater in your home, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. Below are some examples of covered water heater components. Breakdowns can happen regardless of the make or material, and many factors contribute to water heater breakdowns.
*National average repair costs as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
Water Heater Repair Plan
50% off your first year
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $750 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- 90-day wait applies for water heater replacement
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Hot water brings comfort to your home and is a necessity for washing, laundry and showering. Problems with your water heater can be a major inconvenience, and finding a qualified professional can be time-consuming, inconvenient and costly.
The Water Heater Repair Plan provides multiple service calls and up to $750 of covered costs to repair a tank-based electric, natural gas or propane water heater that is damaged from normal wear and tear. With a repair plan from HomeServe, you can help protect yourself from the cost and hassle of emergency water heater repairs.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your water heater before enrollment; your entire water heater is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like; or your water heater is commercial grade, larger than 100 gallons, tankless, solar, geothermal, oil, hanging, or combination home heating/domestic hot water; or is not installed according to manufacturer specifications
- Jacket and interior doors, exhaust venting, expansion tanks, non-flexible water supply and delivery piping, electrical service wiring, damage due to restricted lines or water pressure over 80 P.S.I, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair the electric, natural gas or propane water heater for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Jacket and interior doors, exhaust venting, expansion tanks, non-flexible water supply and delivery piping, electrical service wiring, damage due to restricted lines or water pressure over 80 P.S.I, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price and is billed monthly through your utility bill.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company (SEMCO) and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from SEMCO.
Water Heater Repair Plan for only $2.99/mo.