- Capacitors and circuit boards
- Internal fuses or breakers
- Condensate pumps
- Condenser motor and fan
- Contactor switches and delay timer
- Fan controls, relays and filter dryer
- High and low pressure switches
- Refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges)
- Relays, transformers and valves
- Barometric damper
- Blower motors and assembly
- Fan and limit controls
- Fusible links and gas valves
- Blower and low water cutoff
- Main and pilot burners
- Pilots and thermocouples
- Pressure switch and regulator valves
- Relays, spill switches and transformers
Most heating and central A/C components cost $300-$700 to replace.*
How a heating and cooling system failure can affect your home:
- freon or coolant leak can prevent cool air from flowing into your home
- circuit board failure can cause the breaker to keep tripping
- blower motor failure can mean the system won’t supply enough heat
- a bad condenser can cause the fan to blow but not cool
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the heating and cooling systems in your home. Your heating and cooling systems are complex and can weaken over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, age or lack of regular maintenance. Heating and cooling systems require a specialized HVAC technician for repairs, which can cost hundreds of dollars.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs.
Heating and Cooling System Coverage
50% off your first year
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $3,500 annual benefit amount
- Cooling System Coverage: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Heating System Coverage: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
A lot can go wrong with the heating and central air conditioner systems in your home. Drains can clog, motors can burn out, fuses can blow, and improper settings can mean your system runs too often, leading to higher energy costs and wear and tear. It may be your responsibility to keep your HVAC system functioning properly. Let a repair plan from HomeServe help protect you from the expense and bother of emergency home repairs.
Eligible homeowners can select the Heating and Cooling System Coverage, which provides up to $3,500 in total maximum annual benefit for cooling system and heating system coverage with multiple service calls. This optional coverage can help protect you from the high costs of covered repairs.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your system(s) before enrollment; your system(s) is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like; your system(s) are not installed to manufacturer specifications; or if you have a furnace or boiler rated at inputs of 400,000 Btu/hr. or more; or a rooftop, through-the-wall, hanging, geothermal heat pump, combination ambient heat/domestic hot water heating or oil unit; or if your cooling system uses refrigerant other than R-22 or similar, R-410a or has non-compliant components; capacity exceeding 5 tons; or is an ammonia cooling, window, through the wall, hanging, geothermal heat pump or combination ambient heat/domestic hot water heating unit
- Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, other or unusual circumstances. Heating System: air ducts, registers, air filters, zoning components and electronics, electronic air cleaners, flue venting, humidifiers, thermostats, air balancing, refrigerant for maintenance recharges, chimney maintenance or repairs, heating jacket, asbestos or other insulation; heat exchangers, leaking boilers, boiler distribution piping, radiators. Additional exclusions apply. Cooling System: air ducts, a/c coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats, thermostat wiring. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the following broken or failed natural gas, propane, electric central forced-air or circulating hot water central heating system and electric central air conditioning system parts for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence: Heating System: air scoops, aquastat, barometric damper, belts, pulleys, blower motors, blower assemblies, circuit boards, circulators, ECO safeties, fan controls, limit controls, fusible links, gas valves, ignition controls, induced draft motor, blower, low water cutoff, main burners, pilot burners, pilots, thermocouples, pressure switches, regulator valves, relays, spill switches, and transformers. Cooling System: capacitors, circuit boards, internal fuses, breakers, condensate pumps, condenser motor, condenser fan, contactor switches, delay timer, fan controls, fan relays, filter dryer, high and low pressure switches, limit controls; refrigerant, relays, transformers, and valves.
Not covered: Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, other or unusual circumstances. Heating System: air ducts, registers, air filters, zoning components and electronics, electronic air cleaners, flue venting, humidifiers, thermostats, air balancing, refrigerant for maintenance recharges, chimney maintenance or repairs, heating jacket, asbestos or other insulation; heat exchangers, leaking boilers, boiler distribution piping, radiators. Additional exclusions apply. Cooling System: air ducts, a/c coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats, thermostat wiring. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price and is billed monthly through your utility bill.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company (SEMCO) and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from SEMCO.
Heating and Cooling System Coverage for only $8.75/mo.