Interior Electrical Coverage
50% off your first year
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $2,500 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
SEMCO ENERGY values its customers. That's why they have teamed up with HomeServe, a premier provider of home repair service plans.
- Distribution center (panel or fuse box)
- Faulty wiring to wall light
- Faulty or damaged electrical outlet
- Broken light switch
- Faulty or damaged GFCI outlet
- Faulty wiring to exhaust fan
- Other qualifying repairs to the wiring that carries electricity to points of use in your home
A faulty 200 amp electrical panel can cost up to $958 to replace.*
Problems with your interior electrical wiring can cause:
- faulty outlets and wall switches
- shorts in wiring causing fixtures to stop working or lights to flicker
- partial or full home "blackout"
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the interior electrical system in your home, and you may need to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this system and how much licensed and insured electricians would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
Old or faulty wiring, such as failed electrical outlets, sockets and fittings, breaker panels and fuse boxes, can cause problems around your house. Finding qualified help for emergency repairs can be time-consuming and expensive.
Power up your protection against indoor wiring breakdowns with a repair plan called Interior Electrical Coverage. This optional plan provides up to $2,500 in annual coverage with multiple service calls. Protect yourself from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- In IA, properties with more than 4 dwelling units
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your interior electrical system before enrollment; your interior electrical system is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners’ association or the like; or your electrical services entrance is rated less than 80 amps
- Service entrance conductors; knob and tube wiring, aluminum, or non-standard/non-permanent materials; damage or failure due to disconnection or interruption to the main electrical supply; fixtures that must be plugged into an outlet; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Not covered: Service entrance conductors; knob and tube wiring, aluminum, or non-standard/non-permanent materials; damage or failure due to disconnection or interruption to the main electrical supply; fixtures that must be plugged into an outlet; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms. HomeServe is an independent company separate from your utilities company.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace the failing high voltage wiring within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, from and including the breaker panel or fuse box, up to and including switches and outlets, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company ("SEMCO") and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. The plan is not regulated by the Michigan Public Service Commission and may be available from another provider. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from SEMCO.
Interior Electrical Coverage for only $2.49/mo.