Gas Line Coverage Rail
50% off your first year
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why Choose this Plan
Replace section of natural gas supply line costs an average of $265.*
Gas line problems can cause:
- rotten egg odor smell inside or outside your home. Please contact UGI Utilities, Inc. or dial 911 immediately if this occurs
- inefficient or non-working heating and hot water system
- issues with gas appliances
Homeowners are largely unaware that a gas line breakdown in their home is likely their responsibility to fix, often at significant cost. Most basic homeowners insurance policies do not cover gas line breakdowns due to normal wear and tear on a homeowner's property. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured technician would typically charge. Note: If you suspect you have a gas leak, please leave the area and call your gas company or 911 immediately
*National average repair costs in the HomeServe network as of June 2020.
- Replace section of natural gas supply line
- Repair/replace gas safety shutoff valve
- Repair/Replacement of leaking or broken gas line
If you use natural gas to heat your home or run appliances, you know how important it is to keep things working. Problems with your home's natural gas line may happen due to an aging or deteriorating pipe, valve or fitting. It may be your responsibility to repair your privately owned gas line, which can be time-consuming and costly.
Be prepared for gas leaks and other complications with affordable Gas Line Coverage from HomeServe. This plan provides multiple service calls, up to $8,000 of annual covered repair costs. Keep your home safe and your gas appliances running with this home repair plan.
Why choose this plan:
- $8,000 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Important coverage information6261
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
Not Eligible 6261
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your gas line before enrollment; or your gas line is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like
- In IA, properties with more than 4 dwelling units
- Meter moves or replacements except when required by local code; appliances, fixtures or pressure regulating devices; lines not supplied by a utility; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace a gas line, for which you have sole responsibility, from your utility's responsibility or external propane tank outlet connection up to and including the connectors to each natural gas/propane appliance on your property, whether inside or outside your residence, up to and including the appliance connectors on the extension gas lines that exit your home, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Meter moves or replacements except when required by local code; appliances, fixtures or pressure regulating devices; lines not supplied by a utility; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company ("SEMCO") and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. The plan is not regulated by the Michigan Public Service Commission and may be available from another provider. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from SEMCO.
Gas Line Coverage for only $2.50/mo.