Heating System Coverage Rail
50% off your first year
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why Choose this Plan
It costs $300-$700 to repair each of the major components in a furnace heating system.*
How a furnace heating system failure can affect your home:
- broken circuit board could mean no heat
- blower motor failure can mean the system won't supply enough heat
- lack of heat could cause pipes to freeze and induce water damage
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the heating system in your home. Your heating systems is complex and can weaken over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, age or lack of regular maintenance. This illustration shows a typical heating system found in your home. Also shown are repairs that are performed on this system and how much a licensed and insured technician would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of June 2020.
- Standard thermostats, transformers and wiring/circuity
- Blower bearings, belts, pulleys, motors, shafts and controls
- Standard air filters and spark ignitors
- Capacitors, equipment fuses and low pressure regulators
- Disconnect fan, limit and rollout switches
- Main and pilot burners, pilot burner generators and thermocouples
If your heating system suddenly fails, you could face many long, cold days trying to find reliable repair help in the busy winter months. Many complicated parts keep your heating system functioning, and it can be costly to repair them.
Help protect yourself against the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe. Heating System Coverage includes the emergency breakdown repair costs of most major parts of home heating systems with up to $1,750 annually for covered repairs with multiple service calls.
Why choose this plan:
- $1,750 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Important coverage information6025
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
Not Eligible 6025
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your system before enrollment; your system is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like; has a furnace or boiler rated at inputs of 400,000 Btu/hr. or more; is rooftop, through-the-wall, hanging, geothermal heat pump, combination ambient heat/domestic hot water heating, or oil unit; or is not installed according to manufacturer specifications
- In IA, properties with more than 4 dwelling units
- Air ducts, registers, air filters, zoning components and electronics, electronic air cleaners, flue venting, humidifiers, thermostats, air balancing, chimney maintenance or repairs, heating jacket, asbestos or other insulation; heat exchangers, leaking boilers, boiler distribution piping, radiators; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the following broken or failed natural gas, propane, electric central forced-air or circulating hot water central heating system parts for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence: air scoops, aquastat, barometric damper, belts, pulleys, blower motors, blower assemblies, circuit boards, circulators, ECO safeties, fan controls, limit controls, fusible links, gas valves, ignition controls, induced draft motor, blower, low water cutoff, main burners, pilot burners, pilots, thermocouples, pressure switches, regulator valves, relays, spill switches, and transformers.
Not Covered: Air ducts, registers, air filters; zoning components and electronics, electronic air cleaners, flue venting, humidifiers, thermostats, air balancing, chimney maintenance or repairs, heating jacket, asbestos or other insulation, heat exchangers, leaking boilers, boiler distribution piping, radiators; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable.)
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company ("SEMCO") and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. The plan is not regulated by the Michigan Public Service Commission and may be available from another provider. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from SEMCO.
Heating System Coverage for only $5.99/mo.