Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Interior Plumbing - $2,000
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line - $6,000
- Water Service Line - $12,000
- Interior Plumbing: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Water Service Line: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
San Jose Water Company wants its customers to be informed about services offered by Home Emergency Insurance Solutions who can provide you with affordable repair plans for repairs to your exterior water line and sewer/septic line.
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Unblocking an overflowing toilet or sink due to clogged drains
- Leaking wax seal
- Blocked drain
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
- Broken water valve causing unstoppable water flow
- Locating the leak
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
Repair or replacement of an interior and exterior plumbing systems can cost thousands of dollars.*
If your water service line, sewer/septic line or interior plumbing fails, it can cause: water leaks or sewage in your yard, water leaks or sewage in your basement, low water pressure and clogged/backed up drains inside your home.
Most basic homeowners insurance and local utilities or municipalities do not cover repairs to the internal plumbing, exterior water service line or sewer/septic line on your property. Buried pipes break—protect yours with an affordable plan from Home Emergency Insurance Solutions and get protection from high repair costs with access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule repairs.
*National average repair costs within the Home Emergency Insurance Solutions network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
The last thing any homeowner wants to worry about is what to do about unexpected breakdowns in their exterior water service line, their interior plumbing system or their exterior sewer/septic line. That’s why many homeowners choose Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage.
It can cost hundreds of dollars to clear clogged lines, snake drains and fix leaking pipes. Replacement of a sewer/septic line or exterior water service line can cost thousands of dollars. Get Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage and you will never be left worrying about how much covered repairs will cost.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the exterior water service line, exterior sewer septic line and interior plumbing system
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your systems prior to enrollment
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Exterior Water Service Line: Branch lines; frozen lines. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: Residences that have had any roots removed from the exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment are not eligible for the Exterior Sewer/Septic Line coverage hereunder. Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; grinder pumps; non-conforming drain lines. Interior Plumbing: Appliances; fittings or fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; plumbing that is frozen. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace system(s) for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Exterior Water Service Line: The line from your utility's responsibility or external wall of your well casing to the external wall of your home. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: The sewer line from the external wall of your home up to your property boundary, or septic line from the external wall of your home up to the point of connection to the septic tank on your property. Repair or replacement of non-functioning grinder pumps is also included. Interior Plumbing: The plumbing lines that carry fresh water throughout the inside of your home.
Not covered: Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Exterior Water Service Line: Branch lines; frozen lines. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: Residences that have had any roots removed from the exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment are not eligible for the Exterior Sewer/Septic Line coverage hereunder. Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; grinder pumps; non-conforming drain lines. Interior Plumbing: Appliances; fittings or fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; plumbing that is frozen. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price.
Frequently asked questions
Home Emergency Insurance Solutions, California License #0F79326, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from San Jose Water and offers and administers this optional home protection plan as an authorized representative of AMT Home Protection Company, 800 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114, the protection plan issuer. Your choice of whether to participate in this plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of water service from San Jose Water.
Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage for only $6.99/mo.