30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Interior Plumbing - $2,000
- Water Service Line - $12,000
- Interior Plumbing: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Water Service Line: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
San Jose Water Company wants its customers to be informed about services offered by Home Emergency Insurance Solutions who can provide you with affordable repair plans for repairs to your exterior water line and sewer/septic line.
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Leaking supply pipe to hot water heater
- Unblocking an overflowing toilet or sink due to clogged drains
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
- Locating the leak
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
Replacing a water service line costs an average of $2,587.*
If your water service line fails, it can cause: a visible water leak in your yard, water leaks in your basement or low water pressure.
Most basic homeowners insurance and local utilities or municipalities do not cover repairing or replacing the exterior water service line that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Buried pipes break—protect yours with an affordable plan from Home Emergency Insurance Solutions and get protection from high repair costs with access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your exterior water service line. If you're unsure about your responsibility for the exterior water service line on your property, contact your municipality or local water company.
*National average repair costs within the Home Emergency Insurance Solutions network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
It’s hard to know when things will go wrong with the pipes hidden behind your walls and the service line buried in your yard. Repairs or replacement of these systems can be expensive and are not typically covered by basic homeowners insurance. That’s why we recommend Water Service Line Plus Coverage.
This affordable coverage provides financial protection against covered breakdowns in your exterior water service line and your home’s plumbing system caused by normal wear and tear, including age, corrosion, extreme temperatures and settling or shifting of the ground.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your Exterior Water Service Line or Interior Plumbing System prior to enrollment
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Exterior Water Service Line: Branch lines and frozen lines. Interior Plumbing: Appliances; fittings or fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; plumbing that is frozen. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace system(s) for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Exterior Water Service Line: The line from your utility's responsibility or external wall of your well casing to the water meter or main shut-off valve inside your home. Interior Plumbing: The plumbing lines that carry fresh water throughout the inside of your home.
Not covered: Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Exterior Water Service Line: Branch lines and frozen lines. Interior Plumbing: Appliances; fittings or fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; plumbing that is frozen. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling Home Emergency Insurance Solutions. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
Home Emergency Insurance Solutions, California License #0F79326, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from San Jose Water and offers and administers this optional home protection plan as an authorized representative of AMT Home Protection Company, 800 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114, the protection plan issuer. Your choice of whether to participate in this plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of water service from San Jose Water.
Water Service Line Plus for only $3.62/mo.