30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Breaker panel or fuse box, up to and including switches and outlets
- Internal fuses or breakers
A faulty 200 amp electrical panel can cost up to $958 to replace.*
Problems with your interior electrical wiring can cause:
- faulty outlets and wall switches
- shorts in wiring causing fixtures to stop working or lights to flicker
- partial or full home "blackout"
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the interior electrical system in your home, and you may need to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this system and how much licensed and insured electricians would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
Old or faulty wiring can cause problems around your house, such as failed electrical outlets, sockets and fittings, breaker panels and fuse boxes. These emergency repairs can be costly. Power up your protection against indoor wiring breakdowns with a repair plan called Electrical Line Repair Program.
As a homeowner, you are responsible for the electrical systems inside your home. Finding qualified help for emergency repairs can be time consuming and expensive. Get protection help from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe.
Important coverage information
- A single structure or a single unit within a structure, owned by you, used and zoned only for residential occupancy that is not intended to be moved
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your Interior Electrical Line prior to your order , then you are not eligible for this coverage.
- Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair, restore or replace the failing interior electrical line within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, from the service entrance wiring at the weatherhead or tap underground through the receptacle or fixture box, including breakers, boxes, fuses, receptacles, wiring, connectors, switches, and outlets, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not Covered: Appliances; knob and tube wiring; repairs to any section of your interior electrical line that serves a secondary building not attached to your home; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact HomeServe to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. For Credit card or debit card customers: regardless of the payment frequency you select, your service agreement will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms you selected at the then-current renewal price.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (HomeServe), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from NOVEC Solutions, a wholly-owned affiliate of Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC), and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, ServicePlan of Florida, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from NOVEC.
Electrical Line Repair Program for only $3.95/mo.