Premium Heating and Cooling Repair Program
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Cooling System Coverage: Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- Heating System Coverage: Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Capacitors and circuit boards
- Internal fuses or breakers
- Condensate pumps
- Condenser motor and fan
- Contactor switches and delay timer
- Fan controls, relays and filter dryer
- High and low pressure switches
- Limit controls
- Refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges)
- Relays, transformers and valves
- Air scoops and aquastat
- Barometric damper
- Fan and limit controls
- Fusible links and gas valves
- Blower and low water cutoff
- Main and pilot burners
- Pilots and thermocouples
- Pressure switch and regulator valves
- Relays, spill switches and transformers
- Blower motors and assembly
- See FAQs for details on replacement coverage*
Most heating and central A/C components cost hundred of dollars to replace.*
How a heating and cooling system failure can affect your home:
- freon or coolant leak can prevent cool air from flowing in your home
- circuit board failure can cause the breaker to keep tripping
- blower motor failure can mean the system won't supply enough heat
- a bad condenser can cause the fan to blow but not cool
It can be a major inconvenience when your heating or central A/C system fails and finding a qualified professional to address the problem quickly can be time consuming and costly. Get reliable comfort with an affordable repair plan from HomeServe and get access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your heating and cooling system.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018.
From the air conditioning that keeps your family cool and comfortable in warm weather, to the heating system that keep you warm during the cold winter months, these systems are a convenience you want functioning when they are needed most.
Premium Heating and Cooling Repair Program includes the breakdown repair costs of most major parts of an electric central air conditioning system and home heating systems (central natural gas or propane, forced-air or circulating hot water systems) up to the service call amount.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the natural gas or propane; central forced-air; or circulating hot water central heating system and electric central air conditioning cooling system
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your heating or cooling system prior to enrollment
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- Boilers, water-heater or steam-based systems, geothermal or gas-engine driven heat pumps, radiant floor/ceiling heat; routine maintenance; add-on components, including humidifiers, electronic or electrostatic air filters, electronic zoning systems, ultraviolet light systems and condensate lift pumps; auxiliary components including ductwork, grilles and registers, equipment casing/enclosures, condenser pads, snow legs, flues and chimneys; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for the covered cost to repair your gas, propane, electric or oil forced-air central heat pump/air cooling or heating system, for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. There is a $50 fee per service call. There is an additional $1500 available for reimbursement (Premium Benefit) towards the replacement of refrigerant, repair of refrigerant leaks and the repair/replacement of compressors and indoor/outdoor coils as follows: If your system requires replacement of the compressor or coil(s) and is no longer covered by the manufacturer's warranty, $750 is available for a one-time reimbursement towards buying/installing a new system. If your system is beyond repair or repairs cannot be made due to unavailability of parts because of the system's age, $750 is available for a one-time reimbursement towards buying/installing a new system. You must be enrolled in the plan for a minimum of 12 months to receive reimbursement under the Premium Benefit.
Not covered: Boilers, water-heater or steam-based systems, geothermal or gas-engine driven heat pumps, radiant floor/ceiling heat; routine maintenance; add-on components, including humidifiers, electronic or electrostatic air filters, electronic zoning systems, ultraviolet light systems and condensate lift pumps; auxiliary components including ductwork, grilles and registers, equipment casing/enclosures, condenser pads, snow legs, flues and chimneys; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. There is also an initial 90 day waiting period before you can request reimbursement under the Premium Benefit. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there are no waiting periods.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact HomeServe to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Regardless of the payment frequency you select, your policy will be automatically renewed annually on the same payment terms selected, at the then-current renewal price. Your coverage will remain in effect unless you contact HomeServe to discontinue. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utilities company, providing home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (HomeServe), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from NOVEC Solutions, a wholly-owned affiliate of Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC), and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, ServicePlan of Florida, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from NOVEC.
Premium Heating and Cooling Repair Program for only $17.94/mo.