30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
- Broken water valve causing unstoppable water flow
- Unblocking an overflowing toilet or sink due to clogged drains
- Leaking wax seal
- Blocked drain
It can cost hundreds of dollars to clear clogged lines, snake drains and fix leaking pipes.*
Plumbing problems can cause:
- burst pipes behind your walls or ceilings
- blocked shower sink drains
- leaking supply pipe to your water heater
Your home's complex network of pipes, lines and drains can create repair problems that are expensive to fix and are not typically covered by most basic homeowners insurance. With an affordable repair plan, you can get protection from high repair costs and access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your home's interior plumbing and drainage system.
*National average repair costs as of January 2016.
Your home has a complex network of plumbing and drainage pipes, valves and drains. Because this network is hidden behind walls or under floors, it makes a failure almost impossible to predict. Blocked sinks or toilet drains, burst pipes or other breakdowns can be inconvenient and stressful and lead to costly repairs.
Eligible homeowners can select Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage from HomeServe, which provides $5,000 in annual benefit amount with 2 service calls $2,500 for covered repairs. This optional coverage can help protect you from the costs and damages of plumbing and drainage pipe related home emergencies.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the interior plumbing and drainage system
- In GA, residential properties containing more than two dwelling units
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your interior plumbing and drainage system
- Appliances; fittings or fixtures, pressure reducing valves and backflow prevention devices, sprinkler systems, spigots, garbage disposals, pumps or grinders; any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; thawing of frozen pipes; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a leaking, partially or permanently blocked interior plumbing and drainage system within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not Covered: Appliances; repair or replacement of fittings or fixtures, e.g., water tanks, water heaters, radiators, bathroom fittings, faucets, toilets, baths, shower pans, shower/bath diverters and sinks, pressure reducing valves and backflow prevention devices, pumps or grinders; any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; thawing of frozen pipes; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). Most basic homeowners insurance policies do not cover repair or replacement of this line. If you find you have similar coverage, you can contact HomeServe to cancel and you will receive a refund of your service agreement fee less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract and is billed on a monthly basis. Your service agreement will be automatically renewed annually at the then-current renewal price. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utility company providing emergency home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Gary Sanitary District and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Gary Sanitary District.
Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage for only $13.49/mo.