30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $2,500 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
FPL Energy Services offers home repair plans administered by HomeServe. These plans can help protect you from the costs and hassles of repairs and keep your life moving.
- Faulty wiring to wall light
- Faulty or damaged electrical outlet
- Broken light switch
- Faulty or damaged GFCI outlet
- Faulty wiring to exhaust fan
- Other qualifying repairs to the wiring that carries electricity to points of use in your home
- Distribution center (panel or fuse box)
A faulty 200 amp electrical panel can cost up to $1200 to replace*
Problems with your interior electrical wiring can cause:
- faulty outlets and wall switches
- shorts in wiring causing fixtures to stop working or lights to flicker
- partial or full home "blackout"
If an electrical breakdown happens, you need qualified help quickly to rewire faulty sections and repair switches, outlets, breaker/fuse boxes and control panels. Finding help can be difficult and time-consuming and repairs can be expensive. Lighten your load from expensive repairs with an affordable repair plan from HomeServe and get access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your home's interior electrical wiring system.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
Power failures or faulty wiring and electrical components can cause fire hazards and power outages. As a homeowner you are responsible for the electrical systems inside your home and finding qualified help for emergency repairs can be time consuming and expensive.
With a repair plan from HomeServe, you can get protection from the high cost of repairs. Interior Electrical Line Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace your electrical wiring system within the interior limits of your home that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the interior electrical system
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your exterior electrical line prior to enrollment or have an electrical services entrance rated less than 80 amps
- Repairs to any wiring that is connected to or part of any low-voltage system; appliances; resetting of circuit breakers or system controls; repairs consisting of knob and tube wiring, aluminum, or other non-standard/non-permanent materials; failure arising from the disconnection from or interruption to the main electrical supply; non-standard wall switches; dimmers; remote control outlets; service entrance conductors; any fixture that must be plugged into an electrical outlet; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace the failing high voltage interior electrical line within your home, for which you have sole responsibility, from and including the breaker panel or fuse box, up to and including switches and outlets, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not Covered: Repairs to any wiring that is connected to or part of any low-voltage system; appliances; resetting of circuit breakers or system controls; repairs consisting of knob and tube wiring, aluminum, or other non-standard/non-permanent materials; failure arising from the disconnection from or interruption to the main electrical supply; non-standard wall switches; dimmers; remote control outlets; service entrance conductors; any fixture that must be plugged into an electrical outlet; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). If you cancel after the first 30 days you will be entitled to a refund of 90% of the unearned pro-rata price less any claims paid (where applicable). Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract and is billed on a monthly basis through your utility bill, described as Water Protection Plan. Your service agreement will be automatically renewed annually at the then-current renewal price. Once enrolled, your full Terms and Conditions including complete coverage details and exclusions, warranties and disclaimers will also be sent to you. This optional Interior Electrical Line Coverage is administered by HomeServe as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your local electric utility company. This optional service plan is not provided by your local electric utility and is not regulated by the Florida Public Service Commission. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from your local electric utility.
Frequently asked questions
This optional coverage is offered by FPL Energy Services, Inc. doing business as FPL Home, Florida license #E099597, and not Florida Power & Light Company (FPL). FPL Home is an unregulated subsidiary of FPL. The coverage is administered by HomeServe USA Repair Management (Florida) Corp. ("HomeServe"), Florida License #W220985, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851. The coverage is provided by ServicePlan of Florida, Inc., Home Warranty Assoc. #70033, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. FPL Home, HomeServe and ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. are each separate and independent companies. This service plan is not provided by your local electric or water utility.
Disclosure/Rebate Schedule: HomeServe USA Repair Management (Florida) Corp. (HSRMF) will offer the purchasers of the following home service contracts (sold in connection with HSRMF's relationship with FPL Home) an instant rebate for these home warranty products provided by ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. The amount of and the availability of the rebate will by no means depend upon the age, sex, place of residence, race, nationality, ethnic origin, marital status, or occupation of the consumer. The rebate will be available to all customers purchasing this coverage.
Cooling Plans: For the cooling system plan covering heat pumps, which normally costs $29.99, HSRMF will provide an instant rebate of $14.99 per month for one year, or 50% of the cost of the plan. This means that you will pay $14.99 per month for the coverage after the rebate for one year. For the cooling system plan which covers heat pumps and provides an annual tune up, which normally costs $37.99, HSRMF will provide an instant rebate of $18.99 per month for one year, or 50% of the cost of the plan. This means that you will pay $18.99 per month for the coverage after the rebate for one year.
Other Plans: HSRMF will provide an instant rebate of $1.00 per month for one year, which will be realized in the form of a reduced price for: Water Service Line Coverage, Sewer Septic Line Coverage, Internal Plumbing and Drainage Coverage, Water Heater Coverages.
Interior Electrical Line Coverage for only $4.99/mo.