- Capacitors and circuit boards
- Internal fuses or breakers
- Condensate pumps
- Condenser motor and fan
- Contactor switches and delay timer
- Fan controls, relays and filter dryer
- High and low pressure switches
- Limit controls
- Relays, transformers and valves
- Up to 1 pound of refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges which are not covered)
Most central A/C components cost hundreds of dollars to replace.*
How a cooling system failure can affect your home:
- circuit board failure can cause the breaker to keep trippin
- a bad condenser can cause the fan to blow but not cool
It can be a major inconvenience when your central A/C system fails and finding a qualified professional to address the problem quickly can be time consuming and costly. Don't sweat high repair costs with an affordable repair plan from HomeServe USA and get access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your cooling system.
* National average repair costs as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount. If the contractor determines your water heater cannot be repaired, the balance of your $1,100 annual limit can be applied to a unit most similar in capacity and/or functionality. There is a 90-day waiting period for water heater replacement.
Special offer - 50% off instant rebate for your first year only. A lot can go wrong with your heat pump and central A/C system. Drains can clog, motors can burn out, and fuses can blow. It may be your responsibility to keep your system functioning properly. Let a repair plan from HomeServe help protect you from the expense and bother of emergency repairs.
Heat pump and cooling system problems can be caused by problems with capacitors, circuit boards and internal fuses or breakers, condensate pumps, condenser motors and fans, contactor switches and more. Don’t sweat high repair costs with a home service repair plan.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the electric central heat pump/air conditioning system
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your heat pump/cooling system prior to enrollment
- Air ducts, A/C coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats or thermostat wiring; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace the following electric central heat pump/air conditioning system parts, for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence: capacitors; circuit boards and internal fuses or breakers; condensate pumps; condenser motor and fan; contactor switches; delay timer; fan controls and relays; filter dryer; high and low pressure switches; limit controls; up to one pound of refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges which are not covered); relays; transformers and valves.
Not covered: Air ducts, A/C coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats or thermostat wiring; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price and is billed monthly through your utility bill, described as A/C & Heat Pump Plan. FPL Home is an unregulated subsidiary of FPL. This optional A/C & Heat Pump Plan is offered by FPLES and not FPL. The coverage is administered by HomeServe. The coverage is provided by ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from FPL Home.
Frequently asked questions
This optional coverage is offered by FPL Energy Services, Inc. doing business as FPL Home, Florida license #E099597, and not Florida Power & Light Company (FPL). FPL Home is an unregulated subsidiary of FPL. The coverage is administered by HomeServe USA Repair Management (Florida) Corp. ("HomeServe"), Florida License #W220985, with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851. The coverage is provided by ServicePlan of Florida, Inc., Home Warranty Assoc. #70033, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. FPL Home, HomeServe and ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. are each separate and independent companies. This service plan is not provided by your local electric or water utility.
Disclosure/Rebate Schedule: HomeServe USA Repair Management (Florida) Corp. (HSRMF) will offer the purchasers of the following home service contracts (sold in connection with HSRMF's relationship with FPL Home) an instant rebate for these home warranty products provided by ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. The amount of and the availability of the rebate will by no means depend upon the age, sex, place of residence, race, nationality, ethnic origin, marital status, or occupation of the consumer. The rebate will be available to all customers purchasing this coverage.
Cooling Plans: For the cooling system plan covering heat pumps, which normally costs $29.99, HSRMF will provide an instant rebate of $14.99 per month for one year, or 50% of the cost of the plan. This means that you will pay $14.99 per month for the coverage after the rebate for one year. For the cooling system plan which covers heat pumps and provides an annual tune up, which normally costs $37.99, HSRMF will provide an instant rebate of $18.99 per month for one year, or 50% of the cost of the plan. This means that you will pay $18.99 per month for the coverage after the rebate for one year.
Other Plans: HSRMF will provide an instant rebate of $.50 per month for one year, which will be realized in the form of a reduced price for: Water Service Line Coverage, Sewer Septic Line Coverage, Internal Plumbing and Drainage Coverage, Water Heater Coverages.
A/C & Heat Pump Plan for only $14.99/mo.