Gas Line Coverage Rail
See below for discounting details
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why You Should Get a Plan
Replace section of natural gas supply line costs an average of $265.*
Gas line problems can cause:
- rotten egg odor smell inside or outside your home
- inefficient or non-working heating and hot water system
- issues with gas appliances
Homeowners are largely unaware that a gas line breakdown in their home is likely their responsibility to fix, often at significant cost. Most basic homeowners insurance policies do not cover gas line breakdowns due to normal wear and tear on a homeowner’s property. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured technician would typically charge. Note: If you suspect you have a gas leak, please leave the area and call your gas company or 911 immediately.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of June 2020. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
- Repair or replace a leaking or broken gas line
- External propane tank outlet connection
- Connectors to each natural gas/propane appliance on your property
- Appliance connectors on the extension gas lines that exit your residence
- Gas Line Coverage - $8,000
- Gas Line Coverage: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
If you use natural gas to heat your home or run appliances, you know how important it is to keep things working. Problems with your home's natural gas line may happen due to an aging or deteriorating pipe, valve or fitting. It may be your responsibility to repair your privately owned gas line, which can be time-consuming and costly.
Be prepared for gas leaks and other complications with affordable Gas Line Coverage from HomeServe. This plan provides multiple service calls, up to $8,000 of annual covered repair costs. Keep your home safe and your gas appliances running with this home repair plan.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- An owner of a single residential structure that includes multiple units
- If your entire gas line is shared with any third party or covered by a homeowners’, condominium or like association
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your gas line prior to enrollment
- Repair and replacement of appliances and fixtures, including fireplaces, fire logs, and fire pits; private gas wells or lines not supplied by a utility; movement or replacement of the meter, unless required by local code and it is directly related and necessary to complete a covered repair; gas pressure regulating devices; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a leaking or broken gas line, for which you have sole responsibility, from your utilities responsibility or external propane tank outlet connection up to and including the connectors to each natural gas/propane appliance on your property, whether inside or outside your residence, up to and including the appliance connectors on the extension gas lines that exit your residence, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Repair and replacement of appliances and fixtures, including fireplaces, fire logs, and fire pits; private gas wells or lines not supplied by a utility; movement or replacement of the meter, unless required by local code and it is directly related and necessary to complete a covered repair; gas pressure regulating devices; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid), where applicable.
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract and is billed on a monthly basis. Your service agreement will be automatically renewed annually at the then-current renewal price. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utility company providing emergency home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Dominion Energy and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Dominion Energy Ohio.
Dominion Products and Services, Inc. is an affiliate of Dominion Energy Ohio but not the same company. Dominion Products and Services has partnered with HomeServe to offer home repair plans.
Gas Line Coverage for only $2.49/mo.