- Leaking supply pipe to hot water heater
- Repair/replace burst interior water pipe (6–25 ft.)
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
- Locating the leak
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
Repair or replacement of an interior and exterior plumbing systems can cost thousands of dollars.*
If your water service line, sewer/septic line or interior plumbing fails, it can cause: water leaks or sewage in your yard, water leaks or sewage in your basement, low water pressure and clogged/backed up drains inside your home.
Most basic homeowners insurance and local utilities or municipalities do not cover repairs to the internal plumbing, exterior water service line or sewer/septic line on your property. Buried pipes break—protect yours with an affordable plan from HomeServe and get protection from high repair costs with access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule repairs.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs.
Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Interior Plumbing - $2,000
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line - $10,000
- Water Service Line - Unlimited
- Interior Plumbing: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Water Service Line: Unlimited/Unlimited per call
The last thing any homeowner wants to worry about is what to do about unexpected breakdowns in their exterior water service line, their interior plumbing system or their exterior sewer/septic line. That’s why many homeowners choose Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage.
It can cost hundreds of dollars to clear clogged lines, snake drains and fix leaking pipes. Replacement of a sewer/septic line or exterior water service line can cost thousands of dollars. Get Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage and you will never be left worrying about how much covered repairs will cost.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential single structure permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your system(s) before enrollment; or your entire system(s) is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like
- Residences that have had any roots removed from the exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment
- Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Exterior Water Service Line: Branch lines. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; grinder pumps; non-conforming drain lines. Interior Plumbing: Appliances; fittings or fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; plumbing that is frozen. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace system(s) for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Ineligibility for one product does not render you ineligible for the remaining coverage hereunder. What's covered: Exterior Water Service Line: The line from your utility's responsibility or external wall of your well casing to the water meter or main shut-off valve inside your home. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: The sewer line from the external wall of your home up to your property boundary, or septic line from the external wall of your home up to the point of connection to the septic tank on your property. Interior Plumbing: The plumbing lines that carry fresh water throughout the inside of your home.
Not covered: Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Exterior Water Service Line: Branch lines. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: Residences that have had any roots removed from the exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment are not eligible for the Exterior Sewer/Septic Line coverage hereunder. Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; grinder pumps; non-conforming drain lines. Interior Plumbing: Appliances; fittings or fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; plumbing that is frozen. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your order is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. ("HomeServe"), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from the City of Columbia and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from the City of Columbia.
Exterior Service Line Plus Coverage for only $6.99/mo.