- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
The price tag for replacing a sewer/septic line averages $3,389.*
If your sewer/septic line fails, it can cause:
- clogged/backed up drains inside your home
- sewage flooding in your basement
- sewage backed up in your yard
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the sewer/septic line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows the repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*Prices shown reflect national average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $10,000 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day review period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Your sewer/septic line may weaken and break over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, including aging and ground shifting. Because this line is buried underground on your property and not typically inspected, a failure is almost impossible to predict. Without this optional coverage you may be faced with thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses if a breakdown occurs and replacement is needed.
With an affordable plan from HomeServe, eligible homeowners can avoid paying for the costs of covered repairs to the line that takes wastewater away from their home. Help get protection from time-consuming and expensive repair costs with Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage, which includes up to $10,000 in annual coverage with multiple service calls up to the benefit amount for covered repairs. This protection covers all types of pipe material regardless of how old it is.
Important coverage information
- A single structure or a single unit within a structure, owned by you, used and zoned only for residential occupancy that is not intended to be moved
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your exterior sewer/septic line, or have had any roots removed from your exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment
- Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; non-conforming drain lines; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances, including natural disasters; excluded damages, including any damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area; correction of, or reimbursement for, any repairs or restorations made by you or anyone you hire; correction or upgrade in order to meet any code, law, regulation or ordinance; any section of your line that you share with a third party or is covered by a homeowners', condominium, or like association; and repair or replacement of any sections or parts of your line that are not stated to be covered in the Terms and Conditions.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace a sewer line for which you have sole responsibility, from the external wall of your home up to your utility's responsibility, or septic line from the external wall of your home up to the point of connection to the septic tank on your property, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Repair or replacement of non-functioning grinder pumps is also included.
Not covered: Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; non-conforming drain lines; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances, including natural disasters; excluded damages, including any damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area; correction of, or reimbursement for, any repairs or restorations made by you or anyone you hire; correction or upgrade in order to meet any code, law, regulation or ordinance; any section of your line that you share with a third party or is covered by a homeownersâ??, condominium, or like association; and repair or replacement of any sections or parts of your line that are not stated to be covered in the Terms and Conditions. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts 30 days after your enrollment is processed. You can make a service call immediately after your plan starts. During the initial 30-day review period you will receive the Terms and Conditions to help you decide if coverage is right for you. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no review period and you can make a service call immediately.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from the City of Baltimore and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from the City of Baltimore.
Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage for only $5.99/mo.