Exterior Line Coverage
Save 10% off
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line: Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- Water Service Line: Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Locating the leak
Repair or replacement of an exterior water line or sewer/septic line can cost thousands of dollars.*
If your water service or sewer/septic line fails, it can cause:
- water leaks or sewage in your yard
- water leaks or sewage in your basement
- low water pressure
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the exterior water or sewer/septic line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows the repairs that are performed on these lines and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
As a home ages, so do the exterior water service and sewer/septic lines. Leaks and breaks are usually caused by aging of the pipe, corrosion, extreme temperatures, or settling or shifting of the ground. Because these lines are buried underground on your property and not typically inspected, a failure is almost impossible to predict. If these lines fail, replacement can cost thousands of dollars.
Most basic homeowners insurance doesn't cover repairs to the exterior water service line or sewer/septic line on your property from normal wear and tear. Be prepared with an affordable repair plan called Exterior Line Coverage. Coverage provides as many service calls as you need and unlimited annual benefit amount for covered repairs.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential single structure permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your systems before enrollment; your entire system is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like; or your exterior sewer/septic line previously had roots removed
- Branch lines; septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; non-conforming drain lines; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the following, for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Exterior Water Service Line: The line from your utility's responsibility or external wall of your well casing to the water meter or main shut-off valve inside your home. Exterior Sewer/Septic Line: The sewer line from the external wall of your home up to your utility's responsibility, or septic line from the external wall of your home up to the point of connection to the septic tank on your property. Repair or replacement of non-functioning grinder pumps is also included.
Not covered: Branch lines; septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; non-conforming drain lines; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. ("HomeServe"), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Charlotte Water and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Charlotte Water.
Exterior Line Coverage for only $7.42/mo.