30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls (Unlimited per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Locating the leak
Replacing a water service line costs an average of $2,661.*
If your water service line fails, it can cause:
- a visible water leak in your yard
- water leaks in your basement
- low water pressure
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the water service line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs as of June 2020.
As your home ages, so does the exterior water service line that brings fresh water to your house. If this line breaks or leaks due to ground shifting, pipe aging, corrosion or extreme temperatures, you could be faced with an expensive repair bill. There's no way to prevent a water service line emergency.
Basic homeowners insurance does not typically cover damage due to normal wear and tear. Be prepared with an affordable repair plan called Exterior Water Service Line Coverage. Help get protection from the high cost of covered repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe, which includes unlimited annual benefit amount with multiple service calls for covered repairs.
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential single structure permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your exterior water service line before enrollment; or your entire exterior water service line is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like
- Branch lines, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace an exterior water service line for which you have sole responsibility, from your utility's responsibility or external wall of your well casing to the water meter or main shut-off valve inside your home that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Branch lines, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. ("HomeServe"), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Charlotte Water and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Charlotte Water.
Exterior Water Service Line Coverage for only $2.75/mo.