30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why You Should Get a Plan
The typical cost to replace 40 gallon Water Heater is $780-$2,300.*
Problems with your hot water heater can cause:
- hot water to run out too quickly
- no hot water for showering or washing
- noise and odor due to sediment build-up
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the water heater in your home, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. Below are some examples of covered water heater components. Breakdowns can happen regardless of the make or material, and many factors contribute to water heater breakdowns.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of June 2020. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs Locating the leak Restoration to any area disturbed by the Covered Repair; filling, raking, and reseeding of grass, reinstallation of existing soft landscaping and shrubbery, and patching of paved surfaces
- $1,000 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- 90-day wait applies for water heater replacement
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
You depend on hot water for showering, washing and laundry. Problems with your natural gas water heater can be a major inconvenience, and finding a qualified professional can be time-consuming and costly. As a homeowner, you may be financially responsible for repairs to your water heater.
With the Water Heater Repair and Replacement Plan from HomeServe, you can help protect yourself from the cost and hassle of emergency water heater repairs. The coverage provides multiple service calls, up to $1,000 of covered costs to repair or replace a tank-based electric, natural gas or propane water heater that is damaged due to normal wear and tear. If your water heater can't be repaired, the balance of your annual benefit can be applied to a like-for-like replacement.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your water heater before enrollment; your entire water heater is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners’ association or the like; or your water heater is commercial grade, larger than 100 gallons, tankless, solar, geothermal, oil, hanging, or combination home heating/domestic hot water; or is not installed according to manufacturer specifications
- Jacket and interior doors, exhaust venting, expansion tanks, non-flexible water supply and delivery piping, electrical service wiring, damage due to restricted lines or water pressure over 80 P.S.I, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. For replacement, a change in fuel type is not covered. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the electric, natural gas or propane water heater for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Jacket and interior doors, exhaust venting, expansion tanks, non-flexible water supply and delivery piping, electrical service wiring, damage due to restricted lines or water pressure over 80 P.S.I, and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. For replacement, a change in fuel type is not covered. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. There is a 90-day waiting period before you can make a replacement service call. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Birmingham Water Works and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, CNA Warranty Services, Inc., 151 N Franklin St., Chicago, IL 60606. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Birmingham Water Works.
Water Heater Repair and Replacement for only $5.49/mo.