Why You Should Get a Plan
A faulty 200 amp electrical panel can cost up to $1,248 to replace.*
Problems with your interior electrical wiring can cause:
- faulty outlets and wall switches
- shorts in wiring causing fixtures to stop working or lights to flicker
- partial or full home "blackout"
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the interior electrical system in your home, and you may need to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this system and how much licensed and insured electricians would typically charge.
*National average repair costs as of June 2020.
- Distribution center (panel or fuse box)
- Faulty wiring to wall light
- Faulty or damaged electrical outlet
- Broken light switch
- Faulty or damaged GFCI outlet
- Faulty wiring to exhaust fan
- Other qualifying repairs to the wiring that carries electricity to points of use in your home
- $2,500 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Old or faulty wiring, such as failed electrical outlets, sockets and fittings, breaker panels and fuse boxes, can cause problems around your house. Finding qualified help for emergency repairs can be time-consuming and expensive.
Power up your protection against indoor wiring breakdowns with a repair plan called Interior Electrical Line Coverage. This optional coverage provides up to $2,500 in annual coverage with multiple service calls. Protect yourself from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- You are not eligible if your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your interior electrical system before enrollment; your interior electrical system is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners’ association or the like; or your electrical services entrance is rated less than 80 amps. In IA, properties with more than 4 dwelling units are not eligible
- Service entrance conductors; knob and tube wiring, aluminum, or non-standard/non-permanent materials; damage or failure due to disconnection or interruption to the main electrical supply; fixtures that must be plugged into an outlet; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the broken, failed or hazardous high voltage wiring from and including the breaker panel or fuse box, up to and including switches and outlets, for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Service entrance conductors; knob and tube wiring, aluminum, or non-standard/non-permanent materials; damage or failure due to disconnection or interruption to the main electrical supply; fixtures that must be plugged into an outlet; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Birmingham Water Works and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, CNA Warranty Services, Inc., 151 N Franklin St., Chicago, IL 60606. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Birmingham Water Works.
Interior Electrical Coverage for only $10.99/mo.