30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why You Should Get a Plan
It can cost up to $632 to repair a leaking wax seal, repair/replace a burst interior water pipe and clear blocked drains.*
Interior plumbing problems can cause:
- burst pipes behind your walls or ceilings
- blocked or slow shower or sink drains
- leaking supply pipe to your water heater
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the plumbing and drainage lines inside your home, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on these lines and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs as of June 2020.
- Leaking supply pipe to hot water heater
- Repair/replace burst interior water pipe
- Leaking wax seal
- Broken water valve causing unstoppable water flow
- Blocked drain
- $5,000 annual benefit amount
- 2 service calls ($2,500 per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Your home has a complex network of plumbing and drainage pipes, valves and drains. Because this network is hidden behind walls or under floors, it makes a failure almost impossible to predict. Blocked sinks or toilet drains, burst pipes or other breakdowns can be inconvenient and stressful and lead to costly repairs.
Eligible homeowners can select Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage from HomeServe, which provides up to $5,000 in annual benefit amount with 2 service calls up to $2,500 each for covered repairs. This optional coverage can help protect you from the costs and damages of plumbing and drainage pipe related home emergencies.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- You are not eligible if your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your interior plumbing and drainage lines before enrollment; or your entire interior plumbing and drainage line is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners’ association or the like. In IA, properties with more than 4 dwelling units are not eligible
- Appliances, fittings and fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; non-conforming drain lines; frozen pipes; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace the interior plumbing and drainage lines for which you have sole responsibility, that are damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Appliances, fittings and fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; non-conforming drain lines; frozen pipes; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your form is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel anytime by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Birmingham Water Works and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, CNA Warranty Services, Inc., 151 N Franklin St., Chicago, IL 60606. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Birmingham Water Works.
Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage for only $8.49/mo.