30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why You Should Get a Plan
It can cost up to $668 to clear clogged lines, snake drains and fix leaking pipes.*
Interior plumbing problems can cause:
- burst pipes behind your walls or ceilings
- blocked or slow shower or sink drains
- leaking supply pipe to your water heater
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the plumbing and drainage lines inside your home, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on these lines and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of March 2018. No charge for covered repairs up to your service call benefit amount.
- Leaking supply pipe to hot water heater
- Repair/replace burst interior water pipe
- Leaking wax seal
- Blocked drain
- Leaking or burst interior water pipe
- Broken water valve causing unstoppable water flow
- Unblocking an overflowing toilet or sink due to clogged drains
- Leaking wax seal
- $5,000 annual benefit amount
- 2 service calls ($2,500 per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Your home has a complex network of plumbing and drainage pipes, valves and drains. Because this network is hidden behind walls or under floors, it makes a failure almost impossible to predict. Blocked sinks or toilet drains, burst pipes or other breakdowns can be inconvenient and stressful and lead to costly repairs.
Eligible homeowners can select Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage from HomeServe, which provides up to $5,000 in annual benefit amount with 2 service calls up to $2,500 each for covered repairs. This optional coverage can help protect you from the costs and damages of plumbing and drainage pipe related home emergencies.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your system(s) before enrollment; or your entire system(s) is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like
- Appliances, fittings and fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; non-conforming drain lines; frozen pipes; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace the interior plumbing and drainage system that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Appliances, fittings and fixtures; pressure reducing valves; backflow prevention devices; pumps or grinders; non-conforming drain lines; frozen pipes; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid), where applicable.
Renewal: The plan is annual. For credit card or debit card customers, unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Birmingham Water Works and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, National Home Repair Warranty, Inc., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Birmingham Water Works.
Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage for only $8.49/mo.