Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage Rail
See below of discounting details
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why Choose this Plan
The price tag for replacing a sewer/septic line averages $5,054.*
If your sewer/septic line fails, it can cause:
- Clogged/backed up drains inside your home
- sewage backed up in your yard
- sewage flooding in your basement
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the sewer/septic line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows the repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs as of June 2020.
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
Your sewer/septic line may weaken and break over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, including aging and ground shifting. Because this line is buried underground on your property and not typically inspected, a failure is almost impossible to predict. Without this optional coverage you may be faced with thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses if a breakdown occurs and replacement is needed.
With an affordable plan from HomeServe, eligible homeowners can avoid paying for the costs of covered repairs to the line that takes wastewater away from their home. Help get protection from time-consuming and expensive repair costs with Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage, which includes unlimited annual coverage with multiple service calls up to $10,000 for covered repairs. This protection covers all types of pipe material regardless of how old it is.
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line - Unlimited
- Exterior Sewer/Septic line: Unlimited/$10,000 per call
Important coverage information
- An owner of both a residential single structure permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
- If your property is used for commercial purposes; you know of any current problems with your exterior sewer/septic line before enrollment; your entire exterior sewer/septic line is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners’ association or the like; your exterior sewer/septic line previously had roots removed or failed a smoke or dye test without resolution. In IA, properties with more than 4 dwelling units are not eligible.
- Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; branch lines and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the applicable benefit limit, to repair or replace a sewer line that has experienced an operational failure, for which you have sole responsibility, from the external wall of your home up to your utility’s responsibility, or septic line from the external wall of your home up to the point of connection to the septic tank on your property, including branch drains from the point they exit the home to the point they re-enter the home, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Repair or replacement of non-functioning grinder pumps or backflow prevention devices is also included.
Not covered: Septic/collection tanks; leaching fields; branch lines and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will result in a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal:The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority and offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of the service contract provider, North American Warranty, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority.
Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage for only $3.49/mo.