30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $1,000 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- $75 deductible
- Refrigerator (including an integral freezer or ice maker)
- Wet Bar Refrigerator
- Wine Refrigerator (up to 20 bottles)
- Standalone freezer
People rely on their food and beverages staying cold with a household Refrigerator/Freezer Unit. When breakdowns happen, repairs costs can total hundreds of dollars.
That's why real estate professionals suggest homeowners be prepared with a Refrigeration/Freezer Unit Plan from HomeServe Home Warranty. And being prepared with a home warranty for the additional refrigeration/freezer unit can help ease your clients' worry and financial strain that come from unexpected refrigeration/freezer breakdowns.
Many people do not know that basic homeowners' insurance typically covers things like property damage to the home, but not damage due to normal wear and tear to refrigeration/freezer units. If these fail, it can be a hassle and may cost hundreds of dollars if replacement is needed.
There’s nothing worse when one has a well-stocked refrigerator or freezer and it unexpectedly breaks down. The loss of food and the inconvenience of not having working refrigeration appliances is a big homeowner hassle.
Eligible homeowners can select a Refrigeration/Freezer Unit Plan from HomeServe Home Warranty, which provides up to $1000 in annual coverage. This optional coverage can help protect one from the costs and damages of unexpected emergencies to the additional refrigeration/freezer unit.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is: 5,000 sq. ft or less; not intended to be moved; and not used for commercial purposes may be eligible. An owner of a single residential structure with multiple units must provide the unit address for each service agreement
- Refrigeration/freezer units covered by a homeowners’ or like association or not installed per manufacturer specifications are not eligible. You are not eligible if you know of any problems with your refrigeration/freezer unit prior to enrollment
- Beverage dispensers; interior thermal shells; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Not covered: Beverage dispensers; interior thermal shells; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed, and you can make a service call immediately. There is a $75 fee per service call.
Cancellations: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid or tune-ups provided, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid or tune-ups provided, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual and will not renew at the end of term.
Benefits: Coverage provides, up to the annual benefit amount of $1,000, for covered repair or replacement of parts of your additional refrigeration/freezer unit in your home, for which you have sole responsibility, that are failing to perform their fundamental operations due to normal wear and tear (including rust, corrosion, sedimentary or mineral deposits), not accident or negligence. There is a $75 fee per service call.