Exterior Water Service Line, Gas Line and Sewer Line rail
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $1,000 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- $75 deductible
- Leaking, low pressure, or permanently blocked exterior water service line
- Broken or leaking primary natural gas line
- Primary propane gas line
- Extension gas lines exiting the home
- Leaking or permanently blocked exterior sewer line
People rely daily on their water service, sewer and gas lines. When breakdowns happen, repairs can cost hundreds of dollars.
That's why real estate professionals suggest homeowners be prepared with an Exterior Water Service Line, Gas Line and Sewer Line Plan from HomeServe Home Warranty. And being prepared with a home warranty for these service lines can help ease your clients' worry and financial strain that come from unexpected line breakdowns.
Many people do not know that basic homeowners' insurance typically covers things like property damage to the home, but not damage due to normal wear and tear to the exterior water service, gas and sewer lines. These lines may weaken and break over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, including aging and ground shifting. Because these lines are buried underground on the property and not typically inspected, a failure is almost impossible to predict. If not prepared, the homeowner may be faced with an out-of-pocket expense if a breakdown occurs and replacement is needed.
Homeowners expect that their exterior water service line, sewer line and gas lines will function properly. If one of these lines breaks or leaks due to ground shifting, pipe aging, corrosion or extreme temperatures, it can cause a huge inconvenience.
Eligible homeowners can select an Exterior Water Service Line, Gas Line and Sewer Line Plan from HomeServe Home Warranty, which provides a total of up to $1000 in annual coverage. This optional coverage can help protect one from the costs and damages of unexpected service line emergencies.
Important coverage information7051
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is: 5,000 sq. ft or less; not intended to be moved; and not used for commercial purposes may be eligible. An owner of a single residential structure with multiple units must provide the unit address for each service agreement
Not Eligible 7051
- Systems covered by a homeowners' or like association or not installed per manufacturer specifications are not eligible. You are not eligible if you know of any problems with any of your systems prior to enrollment, or your exterior sewer line previously had roots removed. You must also own the land on which your home is located to be eligible for this coverage. Ineligibility for one system does not render you ineligible for the remaining coverage
- Thawing of frozen pipes; damage to your sewer line caused by roots, rocks or earth movement; meter moves/replacements; appliances/fixtures; calls for propane equipment when the cause is no-gas; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Not covered: thawing of frozen pipes; damage to your sewer line caused by roots, rocks or earth movement; meter moves/replacements; appliances/fixtures; calls for propane equipment when the cause is no-gas; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed, and you can make a service call immediately. There is a $75 fee per service call.
Cancellations: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid or tune-ups provided, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid or tune-ups provided, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual and will not renew at the end of term.
Benefits: Coverage provides, up to the annual benefit amount of $1,000, for covered repair or replacement of the following systems that support your home, for which you have sole responsibility, that are failing to perform their fundamental operations due to normal wear and tear (including rust, corrosion, sedimentary or mineral deposits), not accident or negligence. Exterior Water Service Line: The line from your utilityâ??s responsibility to the water meter or from the external wall of your well casing to the main shutoff valve inside your home. Exterior Sewer Line: The sewer line from the external wall of your home up to your utilityâ??s responsibility. Gas Line: The natural gas line from your utility's responsibility, up to the external wall of your Home, and including the natural gas appliance connectors located on your Property, or primary propane gas line from the external propane tank outlet connection, up to and including the propane appliance connectors located on your property. There is a $75 fee per service call.