Essential Plan rail
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Doorbell System: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Ductwork: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Kitchen Refrigerator : Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Garbage Disposal: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Interior Electrical System: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Appliances: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Interior Plumbing: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Key Service: 1 service calls (Unlimited per call)
- Cooling System (including Heat Pump): Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Heat System: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- Water Heater: Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- $75 deductible
- Cooling System ($3,000 annual benefit)
- Doorbell System ($1,000 annual benefit)
- Electrical System ($1,500 annual benefit)
- Garbage Disposal ($500 annual benefit)
- Ductwork ($1,000 annual benefit)
- Heating System ($3,000 annual benefit)
- Interior Plumbing System ($2,000 annual benefit)
- Range/Oven/Cooktop, Dishwasher, Microwave Oven, Trash Compactor ($2,000 annual benefit)
- Kitchen Refrigerator ($2,000 annual benefit)
- Water Heater ($1,500 annual benefit)
- Key Service (Unlimited annual benefit)
People rely daily on their appliances and home systems to work properly. When breakdowns happen, repairs can cost hundreds of dollars.*
Many people do not know that basic homeowners’ insurance typically covers things like property damage to the home, but not damage due to normal wear and tear to heating and cooling systems, doorbell system, ductwork, electrical system, garbage disposal, interior plumbing system, dishwasher, microwave oven, range/oven/cooktop, trash compactor, refrigerator and water heater. If any of these systems fail, it can be a hassle and an inconvenience.
That’s why real estate professionals suggest homeowners be prepared with an Essential Plan from HomeServe Home Warranty. And being prepared with a home warranty can help ease your clients’ worry and financial strain that come from unexpected appliance or home system breakdowns.
*National average repair costs within the HomeServe network as of June 2020.
Homeowners need their appliances and home systems working properly to keep their daily lives running smoothly. When these items breakdown, life can become inconvenient very quickly.
Eligible homeowners can select an Essential Plan, which provides a range of up to $500 - $3,000 in annual coverage per covered item. This optional coverage can help protect one from the costs and damages of appliance and home system emergencies.
Important coverage information
- Owners of a single structure or single housing unit within a structure, that is 5,000 square feet or under that is used and zoned only for residential occupancy, including: single family homes, townhomes, apartments and multi-family homes
- Homes that are over 5,000 square feet
- Recreational vehicles or homes intended to be moved
- Properties used for commercial purposes
- Any covered items with a pre-existing condition, defect or deficiency that you are aware of prior to the start date of your first term
- Any covered items shared with a third party or that are covered by a homeowner’s, condominium or like association
- If your exterior sewer septic line/tank system has had roots removed prior to the start date of your first term
- Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances and other exclusions.
- Cooling: Condenser casings; registers; grilles; filters; evaporated cooling pads; electronic air cleaners; water towers; roof jacks or stands; ductwork; flues and vents; humidifiers; dehumidifiers; programmable and wifi thermostats; piping (exposed, underground or submerged) and parts that are outside Your Home for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps. Additional exclusions apply.
- Dishwasher: Racks, baskets, rollers. Additional exclusions apply.
- Doorbell System: Any audio/video surveillance systems, intercom systems, or computers/monitors working in conjunction with the doorbell system. Additional exclusions apply.
- Ductwork: Registers; grilles; dampers; insulation; crushed, pest damaged or asbestos-insulated ductwork. Additional exclusions apply.
- Electrical System: Meter boxes, fixtures, alarms, intercoms, direct current (DC) wiring or parts, power failures or surges, telephone wiring, any loss due to water seepage along service cables, conditions of inadequate wiring capacity or overload, low voltage wiring or relays, control panels, obstructed access to covered equipment. Additional exclusions apply.
- Heating System: Baseboard casings, fireplace inserts, chimneys, filters, registers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, grilles, clocks, timers, fuel storage tanks, ductwork, flues and vents, programmable and wifi thermostats. Additional exclusions apply.
- Interior Plumbing System: Leaks, breaks, collapses or damages to water, drain, gas, waste or vent lines caused by freezing; faucets and fixtures; bathtubs, shower enclosures and base pans; sinks; toilet lids and seats; caulking or grouting; manifolds; septic tanks; water softeners; pressure regulators; inadequate or excessive water pressure; sewage ejector pumps; holding or storage tanks; saunas or steam rooms; leach beds; fire suppression and other sprinkler systems; irrigation systems; battery back-up sump pumps; frost-free lines; plumbing, piping, fixtures, stoppages caused by collapsed, damaged, or broken drains, vents or sewer lines outside your home; stoppages due to roots or foreign objects. Additional exclusions apply.
- Microwave Oven: Light bulbs, interior linings, door glass, clocks, shelves, portable or countertop units, meat probe assemblies, rotisseries. Additional exclusions apply.
- Range/Oven/Cooktop: Light bulbs or clocks (unless they affect the function of the oven), meat probe assemblies, rotisseries, racks, handles, knobs and dials. Additional exclusions apply.
- Kitchen Refrigerator: Racks, shelves, beverage dispensers and their respective equipment, interior thermal shells, food or other content spoilage, light bulbs, multi-media center parts. Additional exclusions apply.
- Trash Compactor: Lock and key assemblies, removable buckets. Additional exclusions apply.
- Water Heater: Solar parts, holding or storage tanks, noise, fuel storage tanks and energy conservation units, flues and vents, earthquake straps, mounting stands. Additional exclusions apply.
- Key Services: Sliding doors; garage door openers; replacement of deadbolts, knobs or associated hardware; broken or damaged locks; padlocks; gates, windows, file cabinets, safes, desk or mailbox locks; or any other services provided by the locksmith. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the annual benefit amount, for covered repair or replacement of covered items, for which you have sole responsibility, that are failing to perform their fundamental operations due to normal wear and tear (including rust, corrosion, sedimentary or mineral deposits), not accident or negligence. There is a $75 fee per service call. Cooling System that does not exceed a 5 ton capacity and is any of the following: ducted electric central air conditioning, ducted electric wall mounted air conditioning, heat pumps, water evaporative coolers (up to $3,000; ductless/natural gas systems, flues/vents, programmable/wifi thermostats not covered); Doorbell System (up to $1,000; surveillance systems not covered); Ductwork (up to $1,000; pest damaged/asbestos-insulated ductwork not covered); Electrical System (up to $1,500; meter box, light fixtures, low voltage wiring not covered); Garbage Disposal (up to $500); Heating System that is a forced air, steam or circulating hot water central heating system (up to $3,000; timers, flues/vents, programmable/wifi thermostats not covered); Interior Plumbing System including water, drain, gas, waste or vent lines (up to $2,000; stoppages from roots not covered); Kitchen Appliances, including dishwasher, built-in microwave, gas/electric range/oven/cooktop including a built-in range hood exhaust fan, and trash compactor (up to $2,000 for all); Kitchen Refrigerator (up to $2,000); Re-Key Service of up to 6 exterior keyholes and 4 copies of the new key; Water Heater that is electric, natural gas or propane (up to $1,500).
Not covered: Damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances, meaning a natural disaster, act of God, hostilities or work slowdowns; excluded damages, including any damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area; correction of, or reimbursement for, any repairs or restorations made by you or anyone you hire; assessing, remediating or abating mold; correction, upgrade or move in order to meet any code, law, regulation, ordinance or utility directive; sections or parts that are not installed, maintained or used according to manufacturer specifications, code, law, regulation, ordinance, efficiency requirements or utility directive; any section that is shared with a third party or is covered by a homeowners’, condominium, or like association; costs to modify the installation space; correction or upgrade where no operational failure has occurred; corrosion and/or collapsed ductwork occurring within 60 days or your start date; and repair, replacement or removal of any sections or parts that are not stated to be covered in the Terms and Conditions. See specific covered items below for additional information. Disputes resolved by arbitration, without class action or jury trial, unless otherwise stated in your full Terms and Conditions.
Making a Service Call:Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed, and you can make a service call immediately. Cancel any time by calling HomeServe at 1-866-710-3700. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Cancellation: Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable). We may cancel coverage with no less than 15 days’ written notice for nonpayment, if we find that you already have coverage that is the same or similar to the coverage provided by this Service Agreement, if we find that you are ineligible for this coverage, or your misrepresentation of facts. Such cancellations will result in a pro-rata refund. We may also cancel coverage for any other reason on 60 days’ written notice.
Renewal: The plan is annual and will not renew at the end of term.