Aviva Partners With HomeServe To Launch Home Assistance Cover
Posted 13 February 2017 1:00 PM by John Greaves
- Cover includes replacement gas boiler guarantee - boiler replaced if not repairable*
- Annual boiler service and carbon monoxide detector check included
- Three levels of cover available, starting from just £12.49 per month
- Builds on existing strong, long-term relationship between Aviva and HomeServe
Aviva has announced a new agreement with HomeServe to provide home assistance cover to its customers, further strengthening the relationship between the two household names.
Aviva Response has been developed in conjunction with HomeServe to support customers in the event of problems around the home, including gas boiler breakdowns, plumbing issues and electrical wiring emergencies. Cover will be available from Aviva, while repairs and servicing will be carried out by HomeServe’s UK-wide team of skilled engineers, equipped to help keep homes warm, safe and dry.
In October 2015, it was announced that Aviva would underwrite home assistance products for HomeServe’s 2.2 million UK customers. In October 2016, Aviva revealed that it would be providing selected customers with LeakBot devices, a smart connected water leak detector, developed by HomeServe Labs.
Customers can choose from three different options, depending on their needs and their budgets: ‘Heating’, ‘Heating and Plumbing’ and ‘Heating, Plumbing, Electrics and Security’**. Cover is available from just £12.49 a month.
All levels of cover include a replacement gas boiler guarantee, meaning that once pre-inspection checks have been passed*, if the boiler can’t be repaired, it will be replaced for free if it is less than seven years old. If a boiler is older than seven years, customers will pay £500 towards a replacement***.
Customers will also receive an annual boiler service and a carbon monoxide detector check. If a customer does not already have a carbon monoxide detector or theirs is broken, they will be given one as part of their Aviva Response package.
The Aviva Response team is available 24/7, 365 days a year, in case of emergency, so customers can quickly book an appointment with an approved expert over the phone. Non-urgent repairs, such as dripping taps, can also be booked online via MyAviva, a secure site where Aviva customers can manage their policies.
Appointments are available in morning, afternoon and evening slots****, seven days a week, with no limit on the number of callouts. Experts are despatched 24/7 for major emergencies such as leaking pipes or loss of heating or hot water. Repairs are also guaranteed for 12 months to give customers additional peace of mind.
Colm Holmes, CEO, Aviva UK General Insurance says: “Aviva Response has been built around our customers. This new product launch is a key step in our strategy of ‘protect, prevent and fix’. We all know how worrying it can be when a boiler breaks or you’re faced with no hot water, so the core of the product is to prevent household emergencies and put things right quickly when they do go wrong.”
“When creating Aviva Response we were determined to provide customers with an affordable proposition that is differentiated to the market. By combining Aviva’s insurance expertise with HomeServe’s repair capabilities, this is exactly what we’ve done. We’re very excited to be opening this new chapter with HomeServe, and look forward to many more developments in the future.”
Martin Bennett, CEO, HomeServe Membership, said; “Our partnership with Aviva has been further strengthened with the launch of Aviva Response, which will see us combine our 20-year heritage of home assistance expertise and nationwide network of approved HomeServe engineers with Aviva’s protect, prevent and fix strategy.
“This latest step forward in our partnership follows us working with Aviva to offer LeakBot – a water leak detector created by HomeServe Labs – to homes all over the UK. Making life easier for our customers is a focus for both HomeServe and Aviva, and we are excited to develop our partnership in the future as well as the opportunities for growth that lie ahead.”
Aviva Response is available to customers from 13 February 2017. To find out more visit www.aviva.co.uk/response/
Notes to editors:
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
Aviva Press Office: Sarah Poulter, 01904 452 828 / 07800 691569, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Heating systems will need to pass a health check, to make sure they’re working safely, before cover starts and the replacement boiler guarantee begins.
** The three levels of Aviva Response cover are as follows:
‘Heating’: covers boiler and central heating breakdown, and includes an annual boiler service and carbon monoxide detector check. From £12.49 per month.
‘Heating and plumbing’: covers everything in ‘Heating’, plus repairs to leaking pipes, clearing blocked drains, and repairs to dripping or seized taps. From £15.49 per month.
‘Heating, plumbing, electrics and security’: covers everything in ‘Heating and plumbing’, and also covers repairs to electric wiring (including switches and sockets), removal of pest infestations, protecting your home following damage to your roof, replacing lost keys and broken locks, and making your home secure in the event of a broken window or door. From £18.49 per month.
*** Some customers will also pay a voluntary excess of £50, if chosen.
**** Pest control and roofing appointments are available Monday - Friday, daytime only.
Aviva Response is provided in conjunction with HomeServe Membership Limited.
In October 2015 it was announced that Aviva would underwrite home assistance products for HomeServe’s 2.2 million UK customers. In October 2016, Aviva revealed that it would be providing selected customers with LeakBot devices, a smart connected water leak detector, developed by HomeServe Labs.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £289 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £30.7 billion in benefits and claims in 2015.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva/
- Aviva has a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
We are one of the UK’s leading home assistance providers. For more than 20 years we have made our Customers’ lives easier by delivering a range of services, including plumbing, drainage, electrics, heating and much more, through our own nationwide network of HomeServe approved engineers.
Over two million people in the UK have already placed their trust in us and turn to us when it comes to fixing, maintaining and looking after their home.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @HomeServeUK
Read our online lifestyle magazine: ketchup.homeserve.com
For media enquiries contact Stella Pitt, HomeServe’s Senior External Communications Manager, on 01922 651508 . Alternatively email email@example.com