HomeServe Membership CEO, Martin Bennett, named by Glassdoor as one of the highest rated CEOs in the UK out of 19,000 companies
Posted 8 June 2016 5:00 AM by John Greaves
HomeServe Membership CEO, Martin Bennett, has been named as the 12th highest rated UK CEO out of 19,000 companies across the country by independent jobs and careers website, Glassdoor, after receiving a 95% approval rating based on the anonymous and voluntary reviews employees at the home assistance and emergency repairs business shared on the site throughout the past year.
CEO approval ratings are gathered through Glassdoor’s transparent and open career community which sees employees rate what it is really like to work at or be interviewed by the company they work for, including whether they approve or disapprove of the way their CEO is leading the business - meaning Martin Bennett has received the ultimate endorsement from the majority of HomeServe Membership’s workforce.
Martin, who was appointed CEO of Walsall based home assistance provider, HomeServe Membership, in January 2014, has clearly made a big impact as a leader on its more than 2,600 employees, steering the company back to growth through significant regulatory, commercial and reputational challenge, as well as championing People engagement via regular communication with all employees.
Martin Bennett said; “Usually I prefer any recognition go to our People who are helping our Customers every day in homes all over the UK, but to be given the stamp of approval from these same People via Glassdoor’s online community as one of the top UK CEO’s is really humbling and feels very special.
“Our People engagement is soaring, we have grown to 2.2m Customers and our Customer satisfaction is on the rise. I am a strong believer in regularly communicating with all our People and it seems this strategy is working.”
MARTIN’S TOP LEADERSHIP TIPS:
- At HomeServe, our philosophy is really simple. If we get it right for our People, they will take care of our Customers, and the rest will take care of itself
- First, have a clear strategy, goals and values for your business that engage and inspire your People. Then make sure you talk to your People - make it a conversation, create joint-ownership
- You can never communicate too much. Do all the communication you can, whenever you can, through whatever channels you have. And if you don’t have enough channels, make some more. Last year, we launched our internal TV show, the Big Red Sofa, that we broadcast live every two weeks
- Also, be close to your People. Don’t build barriers, physical or otherwise, between you and them. I sit in our contact centre. I also go out with our engineers on Customer call-outs every month. I wear a red shirt and pretend I know as much as the experts do
- Above all, continue to invest the time to keep the conversation going with your People; be engaged, be real and be there for them. It’s an investment that really pays dividends
“Inspiring and motivating an entire workforce is an overwhelming, yet imperative, undertaking,” said Glassdoor CEO and Co-founder, Robert Hohman. “The CEOs on this list have earned the approval and respect of their employees, evidenced by the feedback shared on Glassdoor. This list celebrates that achievement and challenges all CEOs to aim to do the same.”
See the complete list of all Highest Rated CEOs in 2016: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Highest-Rated-CEOs-UK-LST_KQ0,21.htm
We are one of the UK’s leading home assistance providers. For more than 20 years we have made our Customers’ lives easier by delivering maintenance and repair services, including plumbing, drainage, electrics, heating and much more, though our own nationwide network of engineers and specialist, trusted sub-contractors.
Over two million people in the UK have already placed their trust in us and turn to us when it comes to fixing, maintaining and looking after their home.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @HomeServeUK
Read our online lifestyle magazine: ketchup.homeserve.com
For media enquiries contact Stella Pitt, HomeServe’s Senior External Communications Manager, on 01922 651508 . Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glassdoor is the most transparent jobs and recruiting marketplace that is changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. Glassdoor combines free and anonymous reviews, ratings and salary content with job listings to help job seekers find the best jobs and address critical questions that come up during the job search, application, interview and negotiation phases of employment. For employers, Glassdoor offers recruiting and employer branding solutions to help attract high-quality candidates at a fraction of the cost of other channels. In addition, Glassdoor operates one of the most popular job apps on iOS and Android platforms. The company launched in 2008 and has raised approximately $160 million from Google Capital, Tiger Global, Benchmark, Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, and others.
(c) 2016 Glassdoor, Inc. Glassdoor is a registered trademark of Glassdoor, Inc.
Glassdoor Media Contacts:
Marc Cowlin and Lisa Holden, email@example.com.